Hello from Mexico

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2016, 07:03 AM
Hello from Mexico
Hi I'm 80sChild

From Texas but I live in Mexico now. New to atheism and still learning . I am a racehorse jockey, I have 3 boys and a husband.
I am glad to be here and meet new people .

80s
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2016, 07:09 AM
RE: Hello from Mexico
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Go back to Texas Ted, oh I mean Cuba, oh crap Canada. I'm not good at being a bigoted Xenophobe.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress.

I know a little Spanish.

Mi madre va a comer mi gato.

No me gusto frejoles en mi zapatos.

Ok, admittedly I was smoking crack while trying to learn Spanish.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
20-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
20-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Welcome and greetings from Ireland. Over here horse racing is like a religion. I like to have a flutter on the horses. I'm still waiting for that big win Dodgy

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
20-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Hello from Mexico
(20-01-2016 08:18 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Go back to Texas Ted, oh I mean Cuba, oh crap Canada. I'm not good at being a bigoted Xenophobe.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress.

I know a little Spanish.

Mi madre va a comer mi gato.

No me gusto frejoles en mi zapatos.

Ok, admittedly I was smoking crack while trying to learn Spanish.

Lol ok... Take it easy there tiger! I've never barbecued a kitten I hate the NFL and I've never taken the forbidden tag off a mattress, oh and I don't like Ted either!

Your Spanish is great !

Your mom ate your can? I'm sorry!

I don't like beans in my shoes either!

Smoking crack or meth while learning Spanish ? Meth is better. Wink
20-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Hello from Mexico
(20-01-2016 09:09 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Welcome and greetings from Ireland. Over here horse racing is like a religion. I like to have a flutter on the horses. I'm still waiting for that big win Dodgy

Thank you! I have family from Ireland! Such a beautiful country!
I wish horse racing was a religion! lol
I hope you get that flutter and win big soon!
Thanks for the greetings! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes 80sChild's post
20-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Hello from Mexico
Wow I was on a Christian forum last week, I was in the presses of making my mind up and I thought talking to other Christians would give me positive feed back about God. I signed up and introduced myself in the new members section. I was LDS before I turned and I never got not one "Hello" or "welcome". After this I went looking at there forums and the first thing I saw was a thread subject that said, "Mormonism, trusted church or cult?"
This was suppose to be a Christian forum, and they were publicly slandering another group of Christians! I could not believe it. So I let them have it and told them off called them hypocrites the hole nine yards! I got a message the next day saying they didn't post my reply because it was "flaming" to other members. They could talk about who they wished but if you do the same directed back at them they make sure no one sees what you wrote! See Christians deciding what we know and don't know, not letting others speak out about the truth.
This is what gave me the push I needed, I did not want to be apart of a word (Christian) that now represents hate, racism, slanderous words towards other churches, liars, thief's, and devious works. My atheist friends have always treated me better than my "brothers and sisters in Christ" . Thank you for making me feel welcome!

80s
20-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Between believers websites of ANY label, verses secular/skeptic websites a religious website is going to be quicker to boot you, even if you don't cuss and simply point out errors in logic.

The only PC/secular websites that have a quick trigger finger I find are those who call themselves "humanists". I think they have the empathy right, I simply don't think censorship is the way to fight bigotry.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Hello from Mexico
(20-01-2016 09:58 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Between believers websites of ANY label, verses secular/skeptic websites a religious website is going to be quicker to boot you, even if you don't cuss and simply point out errors in logic.

The only PC/secular websites that have a quick trigger finger I find are those who call themselves "humanists". I think they have the empathy right, I simply don't think censorship is the way to fight bigotry.

I didn't use any cussing even though i wanted to, i was trying to give my one last bit of faith I had to prove to myself I was still a Christian. Lol didn't take long to prove to myself I was wrong!

Christians love to fight ! But only other Christians because they can argue their doctrine and call them phony and a cult ! They don't fight atheist very well because they can't be bullies and use the bible to prove us wrong!
[Image: e1fefad2f9d2fb140bb974f9837fa5dd.jpg]