Hello from Mexico

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Hello from Mexico
(20-01-2016 09:16 AM)80sChild Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 08:18 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Go back to Texas Ted, oh I mean Cuba, oh crap Canada. I'm not good at being a bigoted Xenophobe.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress.

I know a little Spanish.

Mi madre va a comer mi gato.

No me gusto frejoles en mi zapatos.

Ok, admittedly I was smoking crack while trying to learn Spanish.

Lol ok... Take it easy there tiger! I've never barbecued a kitten I hate the NFL and I've never taken the forbidden tag off a mattress, oh and I don't like Ted either!

Your Spanish is great !

Your mom ate your can? I'm sorry!

I don't like beans in my shoes either!

Smoking crack or meth while learning Spanish ? Meth is better. Wink

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR? HELL NO, AND IT AINT OVER NOW!....... Crap the orderlies just walked in, damn I hate that jacket with the buckles in the back.

FYI, don't know if it was a typo on your part, but "gato" is cat, not can.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Hello from Mexico
(20-01-2016 10:28 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 09:16 AM)80sChild Wrote:  Lol ok... Take it easy there tiger! I've never barbecued a kitten I hate the NFL and I've never taken the forbidden tag off a mattress, oh and I don't like Ted either!

Your Spanish is great !

Your mom ate your can? I'm sorry!

I don't like beans in my shoes either!

Smoking crack or meth while learning Spanish ? Meth is better. Wink

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR? HELL NO, AND IT AINT OVER NOW!....... Crap the orderlies just walked in, damn I hate that jacket with the buckles in the back.

Typo lol cat , can who's keeps score? And wasn't it the JAPS that bombed Pearl Harbor ?

The jacket with the buckles in the back?? What did you say this time?? I told you they would find out what we did! You and your talking in your sleep! SHHHHHH!!!
Find all posts by this user
20-01-2016, 10:39 AM
(20-01-2016 10:35 AM)80sChild Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 10:28 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR? HELL NO, AND IT AINT OVER NOW!.......

Typo lol cat , can who's keeps score? And wasn't it the JAPS that bombed Pearl Harbor ?

Kids these days!
Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-01-2016, 10:54 AM
(20-01-2016 10:35 AM)80sChild Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 10:28 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR? HELL NO, AND IT AINT OVER NOW!....... Crap the orderlies just walked in, damn I hate that jacket with the buckles in the back.

The jacket with the buckles in the back?? What did you say this time?? I told you they would find out what we did! You and your talking in your sleep! SHHHHHH!!!

The "Germans" line was a line from the comedy movie Animal House.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
20-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Hello from Mexico
(20-01-2016 10:54 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 10:35 AM)80sChild Wrote:  Typo lol cat , can who's keeps score? And wasn't it the JAPS that bombed Pearl Harbor ?

The "Germans" line was a line from the comedy movie Animal House.

Aw jezz never seen it, thought you were going loopy on me so I played along best I could lol. I don't watch a lot of movies, can't sit still that long!
20-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Oh FYI I was married to a Japanese women. She worked at a factory as a chemist. They had a redneck security guard working there, nice enough guy, wasn't a bigot, but one day I went to pick her up and asked him to notify her and he said "You mean the Jap?" I knew he was just joking but still, I was thinking, um, unless you know someone really well is that really a good risk to take?

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
20-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Hello from Mexico
(20-01-2016 11:00 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Oh FYI I was married to a Japanese women. She worked at a factory as a chemist. They had a redneck security guard working there, nice enough guy, wasn't a bigot, but one day I went to pick her up and asked him to notify her and he said "You mean the Jap?" I knew he was just joking but still, I was thinking, um, unless you know someone really well is that really a good risk to take?

Well I'm not a redneck OR a bigot, my best friend in high school was an exchange student from Japan, Haruyo was her name. I don't know how Jap is used to be ugly it's just short for Japanese isn't it?
Am I in trouble for using JAP to describe the Japanese race?
20-01-2016, 11:11 AM
(20-01-2016 11:05 AM)80sChild Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 11:00 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Oh FYI I was married to a Japanese women. She worked at a factory as a chemist. They had a redneck security guard working there, nice enough guy, wasn't a bigot, but one day I went to pick her up and asked him to notify her and he said "You mean the Jap?" I knew he was just joking but still, I was thinking, um, unless you know someone really well is that really a good risk to take?

Well I'm not a redneck OR a bigot, my best friend in high school was an exchange student from Japan, Haruyo was her name. I don't know how Jap is used to be ugly it's just short for Japanese isn't it?

I think it is typically looked at as a derogatory term, even though I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Hello from Mexico
(20-01-2016 11:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 11:05 AM)80sChild Wrote:  Well I'm not a redneck OR a bigot, my best friend in high school was an exchange student from Japan, Haruyo was her name. I don't know how Jap is used to be ugly it's just short for Japanese isn't it?

I think it is typically looked at as a derogatory term, even though I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

Nope I did not! But I will make sure not to use it again, playing or not !
]
20-01-2016, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016 11:41 AM by Brian37.)
(20-01-2016 11:05 AM)80sChild Wrote:  

Oh no, times changed, back when we were at war with Japan, "Jap" was like saying "nigger" to Japanese. Pejoratives start out as very hateful things, but can be also used by those they are aimed at as a way to poke fun of bigots. It's why "nigger" is a slur but is also used in the form of "nigga" between friends.

I used to tease her when she got one up on me in an argument I'd say "Listen Jap, just remember, we kicked your ass in WW2".

I never say never use any word, to me it always depends on context. Historical, editorial, satirical, between friends, have a much different context than being said out of ignorant hate.

I have a friend from Oklahoma, born and raised and still living there. He was raised in religion but was an atheist when I met him, used to be a Libertarian, until he did a stint at Dish hellwork, and figured out big business were bullies, now not only is he a social liberal, but wants Bernie Sanders to win. He is for Gay marriage and women's rights. Thick redneck southern draw, but I can get away with calling him "redneck" , but he does get upset when people paint all rural and country music fans as bigots when they talk about southerners using "redneck".

But yea, "Jap" when people started using it was a slur, not a nickname.