Hello from New Zealand.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 06:17 PM
RE: Hello from New Zealand.
(13-09-2012 06:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 07:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  He gave 'em all a bad name already. Tongue

Pfft, I'm one of a kind, I don't give anyone a bad name but myself. Angel
My mom says I'm 'special' Big Grin

You are special. Just like everyone else. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-10-2012, 04:39 PM
(13-09-2012 06:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Bet he's a jafa.

Aucklanders aren't real Kiwi's. Drinking Beverage

Smile

Actually you are probably right about Aucklanders not being kiwis, since the proportion of native-born NZers in Auckland is now the minority, or at least going to be within 10 years or so...I am actually living in Wellington and was raised on the Coromandel.

What is it about kiwis that makes us demonise Aucklanders? Perhaps its the typical NZ tall-poppy syndrome, or maybe they remind us of ourselves all too much...

Nice to meet you all.
02-10-2012, 04:48 PM
(13-09-2012 07:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Don't mind our resident racist Kiwi. He means well. I think. Dodgy

Welcome!

Hi Erxomai.

I am sure he means well...I hope you dont think we are all a pack of racists down here...for us belittling Auckland would be a bit like Americans mocking New Jersey...I am assuming you are from the States.
02-10-2012, 06:56 PM
(02-10-2012 04:48 PM)amav.eram Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 07:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Don't mind our resident racist Kiwi. He means well. I think. Dodgy

Welcome!

Hi Erxomai.

I am sure he means well...I hope you dont think we are all a pack of racists down here...

Nah, just muffinghead, we don't stereotype.

(02-10-2012 04:48 PM)amav.eram Wrote:  for us belittling Auckland would be a bit like Americans mocking New Jersey...

Well, when you put it that way ... Consider

Welcome resident of a strategic dagger pointed at the heart of Antarctica!

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Welcome to the site!

Have a friend from Dunedin, and another from Aukland. Plan to visit sometime. Any good places you can recommend to a tourist?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
02-10-2012, 09:02 PM
(02-10-2012 04:39 PM)amav.eram Wrote:  

Smile

Actually you are probably right about Aucklanders not being kiwis, since the proportion of native-born NZers in Auckland is now the minority, or at least going to be within 10 years or so...I am actually living in Wellington and was raised on the Coromandel.

What is it about kiwis that makes us demonise Aucklanders? Perhaps its the typical NZ tall-poppy syndrome, or maybe they remind us of ourselves all too much...

Nice to meet you all.

I'm Welly too. Raised in the Waikato unfortunately.

I pin it down to their attitude. When you have a city whos population is over a quarter of the entire country, the 3/4 of the rest of the country tends to get forgotten.
Plus, we really don't like the idea of our tax payer money going into Auckland shit like motorways and that new train shit they got going on up their.
Plus they're all cunts.

Quote:Nah, just muffinghead, we don't stereotype.

Nigga please.
There's several threads bashing Muslims rather heavily right now.

Quote:Have a friend from Dunedin, and another from Aukland. Plan to visit sometime. Any good places you can recommend to a tourist?

Anywhere that isn't Auckland.
Maybe Rotarua, that's the one stop shop for tourists it's got all the geothermal stuff. Just.. bring a peg you'll understand if you go there.
And then pretty much anywhere in South Island, I hear it's beautiful down there I'm sure as a tourist you'd eat that up. Maybe go see the whales or something.
OR if you're a little more adventurous you gotta go bungee jumping (it's really not that dangerous) and white water rafting, perhaps skydiving (since the recent deaths they've cleaned up the industry a bit).

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-10-2012, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 01:46 AM by amav.eram.)
(02-10-2012 07:04 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Welcome to the site!

Have a friend from Dunedin, and another from Aukland. Plan to visit sometime. Any good places you can recommend to a tourist?

It depends what your interests are...perhaps you could specify. The most scenic places in the country are in the south island...Milford Sound, which is south of dunedin and on the other side of the island is in my opinion the most awe inspiring place to experience. Queenstown, the nearest large centre to milford sound has a lot of tourist activities such as bungy jumping, jetboating etc...but it is a bit ponsy for my liking...I myself am really into the outdoors, for which we have an awesome system of national parks and trampers huts...you could check out http://www.doc.govt.nz or http://www.tramper.co.nz for that stuff.

I have attached a few photos of Milford Sound, so you can see for yourself.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Hi Casey!
Have you ever seen a Kiwi bird before and are they annoying?

"There is a circle here that links us to one another: we each want to be happy; the social feeling of love is one of our greatest sources of happiness; and love entails that we be concerned for the happiness of others. We discover that we can be selfish together."
-Sam Harris
[+] 1 user Likes Chase's post
04-10-2012, 12:42 AM
rather odd my reply posted twice

"There is a circle here that links us to one another: we each want to be happy; the social feeling of love is one of our greatest sources of happiness; and love entails that we be concerned for the happiness of others. We discover that we can be selfish together."
-Sam Harris
[+] 1 user Likes Chase's post
04-10-2012, 01:27 AM
(04-10-2012 12:42 AM)Chase Wrote:  Hi Casey!
Have you ever seen a Kiwi bird before and are they annoying?

They're really rare. It's not like there's thousands of kiwi birds running around (they don't fly).

I've seen a couple up close (wonders of zoo's) and they're fucking adorable.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post