Hello from Saudi Arabia....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2011, 11:44 PM

Hello from Saudi Arabia....
Hi, I am 21 years old ex-muslim. I'm originally from Egypt. However, sadly, I live here for education.

It took me about a year to finally shake the nonsense out of my head. Before I get to this forum I just watched Seth's speech at the Oklahoma Free thought Convention, and I didn't know about this forum until I saw this video and I have to say I so glad I found finally this forum, for me now it's like an small oasis inside a desert. There has been an Arabic forum like this one but sadly it was terminated... you know by who -_- and ever since I was feeling lonely like Seth said. and now I found this forum and I'm glad I found it Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes AthiestArchitect's post
16-08-2011, 06:52 AM
RE: Hello from Saudi Arabia....
Good to see you here, welcome. We need more people from Middle East here, it is a difficult area to get some first-hand facts and infos...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2011, 03:01 PM
! أهلاً وسهلاً

Nice to see you here, and welcome to our oasis! Hope it will be a useful refuge for you.

We'll look forward to the ideas and comments from your unique perspective.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
16-08-2011, 07:10 PM

Thank you for your welcoming and I also hope to learn from you all Smile
20-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Welcome! Welcome!
So glad that you have found a place express your thoughts, opinions and feelings. I sincerely hope that you don't feel so alone now that you have found us! I must tell you that when listen to the podacast and hear all the young ahteists, such as yourself, calling in; and also reading all your posts on the forum, I am filled with hope for the future. I hope you are able to connect with others in your part of the world, for I have to beleive that there are many many more of us there. Again, welcome my friend!

Free at Last, Free at Last,
Great Me Almighty
I'm Free at Last!
21-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Would you care to share with us how you became an ex-Muslim? Did you just realize one day that it was all BS, or did you have moral quarrels with the faith?

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
28-08-2011, 06:14 AM

(16-08-2011 07:10 PM)AthiestArchitect Wrote:  Thank you for your welcoming and I also hope to learn from you all Smile

Are the books noted below available in Saudi Arabia? The text below was a reply to someone claiming to be in Saudi Arabia, age 14, eliciting comments on religion:

The fundamental dogma of Islam is that Muhammad transmitted the last word on everything related to some alleged god, and that none of it can be changed. That is a typical cult claim. There is no reason to believe that Mohammad did as is claimed, simply because there is no evidence that some god exists.

You probably don't know this but we human beings, especially when we are young, tend to model our parents and other caregivers, and even the things we see on video. That is a major part of socialization and it happens automatically without planning. That is how you acquired religion.

Mohammad was the leader of a militia that after a series of battles became the dominant force in what is now Saudi Arabia. That means that Islam began with warfare. After Mohammad secured Mecca, the Islamic empire began to grow, and again, it grew through military conquest, not through peace, compassion, or reason.

Keep in mind that Muslims were selling black Africans into slavery for hundreds of years before what is known as the Atlantic slave trade began taking slaves to the Americas. The effects of that are still felt in the world today, particularly in Sudan.

The actual history of Islam is far more relevant to how the real world is now than the claims of Islam you get from proponents of religion. Read this book; it is unbiased:

"A History of the Arab Peoples" by Albert Hourani.

If you have enough intellectual integrity, read this book, too, which contains several essays by former Muslims, biased for freedom of thought, freedom of expression, and critical thinking:

"The Portable Atheist" selected and introduced by Christopher Hitchens.

Islam promotes creationism, a completely unreal paradigm.

Currently Pakistan and India have nuclear weapons meant to intimidate each other. Why is that? It is due to religious conflict that goes back hundreds of years to the Mogul invasions of India. One particular emperor attempted to impose Islam on Hindus against their will. Currently the Taliban is attempting to gain control of those weapons.

When the Taliban controlled Afghanistan, before you were born, they punished women and girls severely, not allowing girls to learn how to read.

Religion does not work. Islam is no exception.