Hello from Southern Fuckadia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 06:34 PM
RE: Hello from Southern Fuckadia
(17-07-2017 06:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:22 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I'd never heard of Yankee Doodle Dixie and honestly thought you were just yanking my chain, but I just looked it up on YouTube and that is so cool! Daaaammmmn!
I didn't know it was real! Wow.

Now that IS hilarious!

I will never be able to play like that. I still surprise myself that I can play and sing at the same time.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2017, 07:33 PM
(17-07-2017 06:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  I used to live in the High Desert of Southern Fuckadia, surrounded by the Joshua Trees.

You should move into the city. Tongue

[Image: 6c0a88ba340a543e37403215ce04be9b--hyster...-signs.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
17-07-2017, 08:03 PM
(17-07-2017 07:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  I used to live in the High Desert of Southern Fuckadia, surrounded by the Joshua Trees.

You should move into the city. Tongue

That's half the state away from me, almost, and just west of nowhere. Reminds of me of growing up in a little burg here in SoCal, where entertainment was things like watching fenders rust at Atomic Auto Wrecking...at which, said rust was practically geological in its pace. You won't find it on the internet, since it went out of business about 50 YA. Laughat
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
18-07-2017, 01:59 PM
(17-07-2017 06:16 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  As a relative newbie to the ukulele I try to add new songs to my songbook all the time. This thread inadvertently led me to one I never would have tried, so thanks.

Fucking Perfect. By P!nk. As played on my pink ukulele. How fucking perfect is that?

Ever played one of these?

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
18-07-2017, 02:07 PM
(18-07-2017 01:59 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:16 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  As a relative newbie to the ukulele I try to add new songs to my songbook all the time. This thread inadvertently led me to one I never would have tried, so thanks.

Fucking Perfect. By P!nk. As played on my pink ukulele. How fucking perfect is that?

Ever played one of these?

No, but one of the people in a jam group we attend has an electric one that looks very similar. It adds a LOT to the group's sound when he's there. But I've always assumed his is a baritone uke (DGBE tuning) as opposed to the rest of us who are GCEA. I see that what you linked here is EADG. I'd love to hear that! Do you play?

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
18-07-2017, 02:08 PM
(17-07-2017 08:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 07:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You should move into the city. Tongue

That's half the state away from me, almost, and just west of nowhere. Reminds of me of growing up in a little burg here in SoCal, where entertainment was things like watching fenders rust at Atomic Auto Wrecking...at which, said rust was practically geological in its pace. You won't find it on the internet, since it went out of business about 50 YA. Laughat

YOU HAD A WRECKER SERVICE TO WATCH RUST? Dang, all we have is railroad tracks to watch rust.

[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
19-07-2017, 01:58 PM
(18-07-2017 02:07 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  No, but one of the people in a jam group we attend has an electric one that looks very similar. It adds a LOT to the group's sound when he's there. But I've always assumed his is a baritone uke (DGBE tuning) as opposed to the rest of us who are GCEA. I see that what you linked here is EADG. I'd love to hear that!
Yep, it's tuned the same as a bass, and in the same range. It's wild; played through a small amp it sounds like an upright acoustic bass -- but it's only an inch longer than a bari uke.

Quote: Do you play?
I do. My main axe is guitar, but basically I play pretty much anything with frets on it, and one or two things without -- the U-Bass comes in a fretless model.

Luna makes a bass uke too, but it's tuned an octave higher -- like the bottom four strings of a guitar. So the Kala U-bass is really the contrabass of the family. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."