Hello, from Sweden

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Hello, from Sweden
Just though I'd introduce myself. I'm 19 years old, half British, half Swedish. I grew up believing in God and Jesus and everything christian-related. As I grew older, I became more aware of the world, and became more logical and understood more about life. In my early teens, I had doubts about my beliefs, and went from a believer to an agnostic. After a lengthy process of thinking and looking for evidence and reason, I became an atheist, and have been for about 3 years.

Now, I don't buy into anything religious and never will, ever. It's asinine, illogical and stupid. I can go on and on for hours and hours of why I disagree and frown down upon religion, with all it's problems, flaws and illogical claims.

I joined this forum to meet and get to know others, expand on my atheism, and discuss everything from life, religion, atheism, whatever. I'm open minded and interested in what people believe and why.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Hello, from Sweden
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Guten Abend

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
01-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Welcome!!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
01-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Welcome! Big Grin

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
01-02-2014, 05:35 PM
(01-02-2014 05:13 PM)MrFrancis Wrote:  Just though I'd introduce myself. I'm 19 years old, half British, half Swedish. I grew up believing in God and Jesus and everything christian-related. As I grew older, I became more aware of the world, and became more logical and understood more about life. In my early teens, I had doubts about my beliefs, and went from a believer to an agnostic. After a lengthy process of thinking and looking for evidence and reason, I became an atheist, and have been for about 3 years.

Now, I don't buy into anything religious and never will, ever. It's asinine, illogical and stupid. I can go on and on for hours and hours of why I disagree and frown down upon religion, with all it's problems, flaws and illogical claims.

I joined this forum to meet and get to know others, expand on my atheism, and discuss everything from life, religion, atheism, whatever. I'm open minded and interested in what people believe and why.

Hi & welcome
Have you ever read:
Society without God: What the Least Religious Nations Can Tell Us About Contentment Phil Zuckerman

Its about Sweden & Denmark being the least religious countries in the world and the most flourishing in terms of virtually every measure of wellbeing !

What do you think ?

you can listen to the author being interviewed...
http://newbooksinsecularism.com/2012/05/...ress-2010/

http://files.newbooksnetwork.com/sociolo...kerman.mp3

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
01-02-2014, 05:42 PM
I use to have a girlfriend in Göteburg.

Where are you from?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
01-02-2014, 06:32 PM
(01-02-2014 05:13 PM)MrFrancis Wrote:  Just though I'd introduce myself. I'm 19 years old, half British, half Swedish. I grew up believing in God and Jesus and everything christian-related. As I grew older, I became more aware of the world, and became more logical and understood more about life. In my early teens, I had doubts about my beliefs, and went from a believer to an agnostic. After a lengthy process of thinking and looking for evidence and reason, I became an atheist, and have been for about 3 years.

Hello, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

Now I just have to ask... What do Swedes call the Swedish Chef?
I once heard comedian Adam Hills say Swedes he met called him the Norwegian Chef, but I feel the need to know first hand.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Welcome!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
07-02-2014, 06:35 AM
a late hello Tongue

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".