Hello from Sydney!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2014, 08:55 AM
RE: Hello from Sydney!
(27-09-2014 03:11 AM)jessica1993 Wrote:  Hey peebothuhul, where u from?

Here's something that seems close to your home. Smile

http://www.skeptics.com.au/latest/news/s...n-in-2014/

Hope you have a great time here. Smile

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Re: RE: Hello from Sydney!
(27-09-2014 08:55 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 03:11 AM)jessica1993 Wrote:  Hey peebothuhul, where u from?

Here's something that seems close to your home. Smile

http://www.skeptics.com.au/latest/news/s...n-in-2014/

Hope you have a great time here. Smile

Much cheers to all.
I've been searching for something like this! Thank you, I'll definitely be attending.
27-09-2014, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2014 11:06 AM by Deidre32.)
Australia sounds like such an amazing place! Welcome to the forums, jessica. Heart

With regards to your Christian bf, if you have a solid healthy relationship, then your 'coming out,' should not rock that. I think that it's difficult for some however, who are religious, to be with someone who isn't, because that person can't share everything about their lives with that person. But, being an atheist, or theist...is just a facet of who we are. It's not the sum total. But, many Christians have their identity wrapped up in their religion, so I understand if he may be taken aback by the news. I wish you good luck with it!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
27-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Oh for fuck's sake. Yet another Ozzie atheist to my Harriet. Let's just get this out in the open now, is there anybody in Oz that ain't an atheist? Crazy fucking convicts.
Oh, and Hi Jessica. :waves: Grab a seat, make yourself at home.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Welcome Jessica!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
27-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Re: RE: Hello from Sydney!
(27-09-2014 11:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh for fuck's sake. Yet another Ozzie atheist to my Harriet. Let's just get this out in the open now, is there anybody in Oz that ain't an atheist? Crazy fucking convicts.
Hey GirlyMan,
You'd be surprised how here in Western Sydney, less than an hour from the city centre, it is very rare to find someone who doesn't see an atheist as a science devil.
27-09-2014, 04:29 PM
(27-09-2014 04:14 PM)jessica1993 Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 11:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh for fuck's sake. Yet another Ozzie atheist to my Harriet. Let's just get this out in the open now, is there anybody in Oz that ain't an atheist? Crazy fucking convicts.

Hey GirlyMan,
You'd be surprised how here in Western Sydney, less than an hour from the city centre, it is very rare to find someone who doesn't see an atheist as a science devil.

Consider
And yet, here the the City of Churches itself, it's fairly difficult to find a Bible Basher unless you go looking for one these days.

Not like I needed any more reasons to not go to Sydney, but at least I can add a new one! Thumbsup

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-09-2014, 04:42 PM
(27-09-2014 04:14 PM)jessica1993 Wrote:  
Hey GirlyMan,

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the poor Aboriginal bastards you stole the land from. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-09-2014, 04:44 PM
(27-09-2014 04:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 04:14 PM)jessica1993 Wrote:  Hey GirlyMan,

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the poor Aboriginal bastards you stole the land from. Tongue

Hey!

We say sorry every year, I'll have you know!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-09-2014, 04:57 PM
(27-09-2014 04:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 04:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, I wasn't talking about the poor Aboriginal bastards you stole the land from. Tongue

Hey!

We say sorry every year, I'll have you know!