Hello from Tacoma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Hello from Tacoma
I'm Annie and I'm very shy. I had been following Amazon's atheist forum for the last few years, but no one is left over there, so I decided to migrate too.
I'm 67 and an "ethnic Catholic" i.e. I'm very fond of the church, but I realized by the time I was 17 I was far down the road toward atheism. I'm a retired librarian with a degree in Comparative Literature and a great love of the Enlightenment. My husband and I are enjoying a quiet retirement in the PNW. He gardens, I sew (clothing) and I'm rediscovering art embroidery.
I'm really looking forward to some good discussion on atheism!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like AnnieTacoma's post
16-08-2017, 09:22 AM
RE: Hello from Tacoma
Welcome from Graham Smile
Find all posts by this user
16-08-2017, 09:23 AM
(16-08-2017 09:18 AM)AnnieTacoma Wrote:  I'm Annie and I'm very shy. I had been following Amazon's atheist forum for the last few years, but no one is left over there, so I decided to migrate too.
I'm 67 and an "ethnic Catholic" i.e. I'm very fond of the church, but I realized by the time I was 17 I was far down the road toward atheism. I'm a retired librarian with a degree in Comparative Literature and a great love of the Enlightenment. My husband and I are enjoying a quiet retirement in the PNW. He gardens, I sew (clothing) and I'm rediscovering art embroidery.

Welcome! We have quite a few ex-Amazonians here.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Roll-Call

I hope you are inspired and chime in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
16-08-2017, 09:31 AM
(16-08-2017 09:18 AM)AnnieTacoma Wrote:  I'm Annie and I'm very shy. I had been following Amazon's atheist forum for the last few years, but no one is left over there, so I decided to migrate too.

As the song goes,

"All the way from Tacoma
Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A.
Northern California where the girls are warm
So I can hear my sweet baby say

Keep on a rocken me baby!"

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
16-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Welcome! We love you Amazonians. You guys have added a lot to this forum.

Oh, and I was just in Tacoma a month ago. We went to the car museum there and saw the Chihuly glass bridge and his glass blowing place .

[Image: dale_chihuly_bridge_of_glass.jpeg]

Really neat city. I'm in Portland OR so not that far away. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-08-2017, 09:37 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
16-08-2017, 09:40 AM
(16-08-2017 09:33 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Welcome! We love you Amazonians. You guys have added a lot to this forum.

Oh, and I was just in Tacoma a month ago. We went to the car museum there and saw the Chihuly glass bridge and his glass blowing place .

[Image: dale_chihuly_bridge_of_glass.jpeg]

Really neat city. I'm in Portland OR so not that far away. Big Grin

Great picture! We love Portland, too: Powell's, and then over to Kenny and Zukes for a chopped chicken liver sandwich. Just down there recently to visit my mother's grave.
[+] 1 user Likes AnnieTacoma's post
16-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-08-2017, 10:30 AM
Heya, welcome! Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
16-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the forum family! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. To add to Brian37's advice, please note that on Wednesdays we wear pink.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post