Hello from Texas!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 01:14 AM
RE: Hello from Texas!
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Quote:I loved the training because it taught so much about how to communicate with dogs - and other animals also. They can perceive so many things we cannot, and it is almost a science to train dogs that warn of impending seizures and things like that. You have to be very tuned into the dog to realize when s/he perceives a certain thing, so that you can teach him/her to show a given response at the right times. It all fascinates me...

Agreed, 100%! I have always had dogs, and I guess I have a natural instinct for training, as I was never taught, but made a bit of a name for myself in our local area for training dove and quail dogs, as a young teenager. I often communicate better with canines than I do humans...canines often make more sense to me. Smile

Being actually taught, by a person who excels at training, was eye-opening...I feel like I can communicate with dogs on a much deeper level now. GSDs, in particular, are incredibly smart. (Smarter than many people I know)

I have a huge list of things I enjoy, finding something to do isn't a problem- I am the king of hobbies, I think! I still feel like I should be helping someone or doing something or heading somewhere, all of the time. I'm having a difficult time just enjoying being able to pursue all of my hobbies, finally- which is a problem I never thought I would have!

I worked for the federal government, for the Treasury dept for 9 years and then under DHS for 14. Definitely preferred Treasury, and I thought I would never miss DHS, but I find that I do. Not the BS, just the structure and direction. Similar to what I felt coming out of the military, I guess.

No worries, though, I'll get it! Just a big change that happens quite literally overnight. You'd think they would wean you off... Blink

Thank you for the kind welcomes, everyone!
05-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Cute doggies ! Thumbsup

You now have time to make all the Texas toast you can eat. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Welcome aboard. Smile

I am a GSD fan myself.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Welcome, Flyboy60. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."