Hello from Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2011, 06:04 PM

Hello from Texas
Hello everybody

I'm Hunter a 16 year old atheist from Texas I come from a christian family with maybe 1 or 2 family members I know that aren't Christians. Before I was an atheist I was a hateful person I hated all of the people that weren't Christians(including every other religion and gays) I decided there wasn't a god one day when I was in I believe 7th grade in English class I just thought why is it that nonbelievers are going to hell I thought about that and how is it we have free will if god knows the future and in a matter of minutes I was an atheist. The only good thing I learned from 6 or 7 years of going to church was learning to play the guitar. I live around a vast majority of Christians(I'm the only atheist at my school) and get shit about being an atheist all the time although I've never tried to push my beliefs on them.
I found this community a couple of days ago after seeing some of the videos on youtube. I thought this would be a place I could talk to other atheists since its so rare to actually meet another atheist where I live.
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2011, 10:33 PM
RE: Hello from Texas
(16-04-2011 06:04 PM)Spazguitarist Wrote:  The only good thing I learned from 6 or 7 years of going to church was learning to play the guitar.

That is the best thing that I have heard of anyone getting out of going to church. Considering that the guitar used to be an "Instrument of the Devil", it all makes sense in an ironic way.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Good on you mate. Don't know too much about Texas but from what I've heard it's probs not the easiest place to be an atheist so massive respect to you for being so open about it.
23-04-2011, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2011 12:05 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Welcome to the forum, it's been a big difference for me.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-04-2011, 02:49 PM

I would suspect being an atheist in Texas is slightly more dangerous than being an illegal immigrant in Texas...
23-04-2011, 02:52 PM
HI Y'ALL Big Grin

Welcome...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
24-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Confused I hope I'm not the reason this account is gone.. I recently adjusted the user autoprune code to delete inactive users and I might have set it to be a little too aggressive.

Right now it's set to delete newly registered users if they haven't made 1 post within 7 days of registration.
Also it also prunes accounts that aren't activated within 3 days (a valid email address is required to activate). I just changed it to 7 days. Sad

I hope the guy reads this and I find out what happened.. Whoops!

I'm sorry Hunter!

If anyone notices any other cases like this - let me know.
24-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Hopefully he doesn't feel unwelcomed.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
25-04-2011, 12:42 AM

Yeah Its true to find another atheist anywhere only because some are not open as others
ive been in texas for 5 years now its a great place but anyone will see there is religion spread like crazy anywere they go ....
And it is good u learned how to play guitar from going to church ,when i went to church (forced onto going) the onlything i did was hit on the cute girls that where there lmao ....

Now to say Welcome to where all the Atheist hang out and can say whats in there mind
aka deathscythen
25-04-2011, 04:27 AM
(24-04-2011 09:30 AM)GodVirusDeleted Wrote:  Confused I hope I'm not the reason this account is gone.. I recently adjusted the user autoprune code to delete inactive users and I might have set it to be a little too aggressive.

Right now it's set to delete newly registered users if they haven't made 1 post within 7 days of registration.
Also it also prunes accounts that aren't activated within 3 days (a valid email address is required to activate). I just changed it to 7 days. Sad

I hope the guy reads this and I find out what happened.. Whoops!

I'm sorry Hunter!

If anyone notices any other cases like this - let me know.

Well than I guess I'd better start being more active.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"