Hello from Vermont

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Hello from Vermont
Hi, my name is Nick and I'm atheist and have been one for mostly my whole life, but was never really out with it until recently. My family isn't religious so its not a big deal but that's not why I decided to join a forum.

I decided to join this forum because I have a lot of thoughts and just want to get them out, tried making blog posts and talking about it on various social media outlets I belong to and I always get shot down, I get so much hatred to the point it makes me feel like I'm a bad person. So I decided to just leave the religion talk to my atheist friends and this forum and just keep it out of social media.

On the upside coming out as an atheist to some of my friends I was surprised how many of them were atheists too!

Looking back in Elementary school, there was a day when I questioned why I had to say "God" in the pledge of allegiance, it just didn't make any sense to me and that could be because I didn't understand religion at the time or maybe it was the start of my rational thinking mind, I don't know. But looking back through all the years, I was definitely an atheist. But I never labeled myself as one, I always just said I wasn't religious and didn't care about it.

Within I'd say the last few years, religion was on my mind again and with a quick search on the YouTubes, I found TON of videos of people talking about atheism like The Atheist Experience, JaclynGlenn, Friendly Atheist just to name a few and I'm like wow there are lots of people out there that have the same thoughts as I do and I'm not alone.

So I said screw it, I'm an atheist and I'm proud of it!

I don't know what else to talk about , but I am from the green mountain state and I'm a photographer. I went to school for computer hardware and networking. I have a silver tabby Maine Coon cat named Ziva! I recently just lost 50 pounds and very proud of it!

Thanks for reading my story.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nerwin's post
18-12-2014, 12:38 AM
RE: Hello from Vermont
Welcome aboard, sir.

18-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Welcome! You do realize you're going to have to post pics of Ziva at some point - I'm pretty sure it's in the membership bylaws that you have to post cute pet pics. Yes I've got pics of my kitten Fury around here somewhere... although I haven't posted any of Emma Ohmy I'll get on that!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
18-12-2014, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 04:32 PM by kim.)
Hi Nick, great to have you here! This is an international forum so you will get a fairly global perspective in most discussions. Not surprisingly, you are definitely not alone.

Watch your step... mind the troll poo ... they seem to enjoy flinging it around, especially this time of year. Dodgy

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Ooh that's right - all of the feline persuasion are always welcome here!
A Maine Coon Tabby - that thing's gotta be huge! Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-12-2014, 06:41 AM
Welcome to TTA, Nick.

Posting pictures of your pets will get you into the inner circle. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-12-2014, 07:29 AM
I take it that a lot of people at TTA are cat people? Hehe..I love cats. Though I miss my dog.

Here's a picture of her little over a month after picking her up from the breeder, let me tell you..she was not cheap. She's a purebred Maine Coon. The breeder was hesitant selling her because she knew she was going to be a beautiful cat and wanted her for shows, but she saw how me and my family really liked her and she was already climbing over us. The day we brought her home she was already playing with the toys we got her!

[Image: 6812106815_521962315d_z.jpg]

After a year

[Image: 8053524103_51cef65ced_c.jpg]

Yes, she plays with that big ball. She's basically a queen and that's actually how the label female maine coons.

[Image: 8367991207_98b3893c6b_c.jpg]

This was only relevant, had to share. Merry Mythmas!

[Image: 8264640452_2d7e1651e0_c.jpg]

This is my most latest picture of her. Did you know Maine Coons take around 5 years to reach fully grown? Typical house cats only take 1-2 years.

[Image: 14683463375_433a4b6a56_c.jpg]

Thanks to you all for welcoming me to the community, glad to be part of it. There isn't many atheist groups in Vermont.
[+] 3 users Like nerwin's post