Hello from Wisconsin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Hello from Wisconsin
Hi. I'm from Wisconsin and I am the only atheist within my family that I am aware of. I do know of other atheists within my life (mostly friends), but religion isn't something we discuss much. I am 17 years old and I've never fit well within normal social life. My interests are in Japanese culture, video games, and anime.
The reason I'm here is because I've been an atheist as long as I remember (despite my parents taking me to Sunday "school," I've constantly found it odd, hypocritical, and disturbing) and in the last few years I've looked over some atheist videos on youtube. I came across a few videos from TTA and I spent some time this summer listening to the podcasts off youtube. Today I was fairly peeved by something that was said in the church my family attends, so I thought I would check TTA's website and look for somewhere to vent a bit.

Well, that's my introduction. If anyone wants to know more, just ask Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cake's post
30-06-2013, 11:40 AM
RE: Hello from Wisconsin
(30-06-2013 11:17 AM)Cake Wrote:  Hi. I'm from Wisconsin and I am the only atheist within my family that I am aware of. I do know of other atheists within my life (mostly friends), but religion isn't something we discuss much. I am 17 years old and I've never fit well within normal social life. My interests are in Japanese culture, video games, and anime.
The reason I'm here is because I've been an atheist as long as I remember (despite my parents taking me to Sunday "school," I've constantly found it odd, hypocritical, and disturbing) and in the last few years I've looked over some atheist videos on youtube. I came across a few videos from TTA and I spent some time this summer listening to the podcasts off youtube. Today I was fairly peeved by something that was said in the church my family attends, so I thought I would check TTA's website and look for somewhere to vent a bit.

Well, that's my introduction. If anyone wants to know more, just ask Big Grin

Welcome to the forum.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
01-07-2013, 07:54 AM
RE: Hello from Wisconsin
Welcome aboard!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume