Hello from a Catholic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: Hello from a Catholic
Welcome aboard! I speak fluent catholic christianity, so I understand the infection you are suffering...um...ooops, sorry I mean I understand the delusion....damn it, sigh...I meant to say I understand the faith you subscribe to. Big Grin

I kid, I kid, welcome, glad you decided to join us Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-09-2015, 04:45 PM
(17-09-2015 04:27 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're not real. Tartarus has no friends. Only owls.

Are you on AF?

Think I am on there too, just never go by, if I click a forum it is this one usually Unsure

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-09-2015, 04:49 PM
(17-09-2015 04:27 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're not real. Tartarus has no friends. Only owls.

Are you on AF?

I'm registered but I can't remember my password and the barstools gave me hemorrhoids.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Thank you, thank you!

If anyone is interested, I found these smilies a few weeks ago and have been hooked since:

http://www.pic4ever.com/index.php

My personal favorite? This guy:

[Image: nudie.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Catholic_Lady's post
17-09-2015, 04:52 PM
(17-09-2015 04:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 04:27 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Are you on AF?

I'm registered but I can't remember my password and the barstools gave me hemorrhoids.

Ah I see lol. There is someone else on there who has that same avatar, but I guess it's not you.
17-09-2015, 04:53 PM
(17-09-2015 04:51 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Thank you, thank you!

If anyone is interested, I found these smilies a few weeks ago and have been hooked since:

http://www.pic4ever.com/index.php

My personal favorite? This guy:

[Image: nudie.gif]

You have an emoticon of girlyman!!! gimme gimme Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Hi Catholic_Lady. The Catholic Church has turned out some of the best and some of the most evil people. On the one extreme there was the Inquisition and there's all those rapist priests and the higher-ups, including Pope Jimmy the Rat, who cover up for them and keep them out of the hands of justice; and on the other extreme are the liberation theology priests in Latin America who've stood up for the poor even at the cost of their own lives, and the lesser-known Plowshares activists who've spent many years in prison for symbolically "disarming" nuclear weapons. There are Catholics fighting to deny women the right to choose, and Catholics agitating for the rights of the homeless. Being Catholic doesn't really tell us anything about you. Just as being atheists doesn't tell you anything about us.

So, welcome to TTA. I hope we can look forward to many interesting conversations.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
17-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Welcome CL. Ex RC here.

We should discuss Catholic dogma sometime, it can be hilari...er, thought-provoking. Yeah, that’s it thought--provoking! Angel

I stop by AF now and then, same name, same avatar.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
17-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
17-09-2015, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 09:41 PM by Ted Tucker.)
Welcome aboard CL!

Hello my name is Ted and I'm a Recovering Catholic. I've been clean, guilt free, and non-delusional for 20 plus years now. I have tried hard to stay on the wagon of reason, evidence, and critical thinking.

Peace and Kudos be with you as you venture into this magic of reality.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein