Hello from a Catholic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: Hello from a Catholic
(17-09-2015 02:46 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Word to the heathens of TTA! ;-)
I'm not here to preach or to convert any of you. I'm a devout Catholic woman in my twenties who likes to have discussions with/listen to points of view of different minded people.
Hello delusional devout Catholic woman.
I really do struggle with the idea that an organisation like the Catholic church is allowed to exist, participate and preach within my country.
I also struggle to understand why anyone would accept the Catholic church's claims to be divinely guided and infallible especially given the past atrocities carried out by the Church, their insistence on keeping to tradition, their reluctance to play nicely with others, their treatment of gays, their stance on the position of women, and their bizarre fascination with sex (especially given that the leadership group is a bunch of old virgin men).
Now that I have got that off my chest.

I welcome you completely. You are not the Church but you do have faith in your Church. It is entirely possible that you are a great person despite your affiliation to the Catholic church, just as it is entirely possible that I am a great person despite my disbelief in magical supernatural gods.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
17-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Hhhmmmmm, a Cathylicker woman who seems intelligent but remains a cathylicker???

Does not compute.

The cathylicker church is distinctly anti female.

Does not compute.

There must be something wrong with you.

BTW, there is no god. You're wasting your life.

Welcome to the site.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
17-09-2015, 08:23 PM
(17-09-2015 07:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  BTW, there is no god. You're wasting your life.
LOL
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
17-09-2015, 08:31 PM
(17-09-2015 07:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hhhmmmmm, a Cathylicker woman who seems intelligent but remains a cathylicker???

Does not compute.

Does not compute.

Welcome to the site.

Hey! Tongue I was raised Irish Catholic. It's what you are taught when you are young and it becomes a part of your belief system as it is reiterated over time as truth. I don't fault her for being Catholic or believing--I was there at one point in my life too. Things somehow make sense when your family, friends, community, and church all tell you this is what you should believe. I know it doesn't make sense to someone who wasn't raised with religion--but when you are raised in it--it somehow all makes sense. The points you raise are good ones and are exactly why I started questioning my belief system. However, it is not looked at very kindly by the church to question their practices, which is why I think some people continue to believe without question. Of course, I can't speak for Catholic Lady, I am only speaking from my own experiences as a Catholic. She does seem like a nice person and isn't here to start trouble or convert anyone--which is cool in my book Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-09-2015, 08:34 PM
(17-09-2015 08:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 07:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hhhmmmmm, a Cathylicker woman who seems intelligent but remains a cathylicker???

Does not compute.

Does not compute.

Welcome to the site.

Hey! Tongue I was raised Irish Catholic. It's what you are taught when you are young and it becomes a part of your belief system as it is reiterated over time as truth. I don't fault her for being Catholic or believing--I was there at one point in my life too. Things somehow make sense when your family, friends, community, and church all tell you this is what you should believe. I know it doesn't make sense to someone who wasn't raised with religion--but when you are raised in it--it somehow all makes sense. The points you raise are good ones and are exactly why I started questioning my belief system. However, it is not looked at very kindly by the church to question their practices, which is why I think some people continue to believe without question. Of course, I can't speak for Catholic Lady, I am only speaking from my own experiences as a Catholic. She does seem like a nice person and isn't here to start trouble or convert anyone--which is cool in my book Thumbsup

You gave it away. You are different to a still devout adult woman living n 2015 with the internet and all it's knowledge at her fingertips.

Cathylicker lady, sorry but I hold religion in contempt. I doubt we shall be friends.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Like a moth to a flame, C/L.

Bwahahaha!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
17-09-2015, 08:49 PM
You guys are evil lol

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
17-09-2015, 08:51 PM
(17-09-2015 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're not real. Tartarus has no friends. Only owls.

What ? You never read The Owl and the Pussy Cat ?
I know ... she can be our spy at Suscipe Dummy Knee ?

Hi CL. Half my family are recovering Catholics. The rest escaped early. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Hey, a Catholic!
I was once indoctrinated by them too. Then they said sex was evil, and lots of other bogus shit, and now I'm outta there.
(17-09-2015 07:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  BTW, there is no god. You're wasting your life.

Welcome to the site.

I like you more every day Banjo, lolTongue

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
17-09-2015, 09:02 PM
(17-09-2015 04:27 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're not real. Tartarus has no friends. Only owls.

Are you on AF?

Abercrombie and Fitch have a forum?
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post