Hello, from a new member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 03:13 AM
RE: Hello, from a new member
(25-03-2016 02:59 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 02:53 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Let's face it Banjo, your father's son ain't much better with a PCBig Grin

True! Big Grin

Yeh but fuckin' awesome on a drum kit.ThumbsupBig Grin

I saw your vid yesterday.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 03:17 AM
(25-03-2016 03:13 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 02:59 AM)Banjo Wrote:  True! Big Grin

Yeh but fuckin' awesome on a drum kit.ThumbsupBig Grin

Thanks mate. I am at about maybe 15% of where I was. I'll keep fighting to regain it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to view it! I really appreciate it.

But I am not surprised. I have liked you since the word go and expect nothing but kindness and intelligence from you. I always read your posts. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-03-2016, 03:33 AM
(25-03-2016 03:17 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 03:13 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Yeh but fuckin' awesome on a drum kit.ThumbsupBig Grin

Thanks mate. I am at about maybe 15% of where I was. I'll keep fighting to regain it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to view it! I really appreciate it.

But I am not surprised. I have liked you since the word go and expect nothing but kindness and intelligence from you. I always read your posts. Smile

I am not going to reply to this post.

If someone says I just did - don't, because not everything in life is funny and that kind of comment wouldn't be considered funny.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 03:36 AM
Big Grin Bowing Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-03-2016, 05:06 AM
(24-03-2016 09:18 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
I was a long time quasi-atheist; that is I didn't really know if I was an atheist or not. I knew I wasn't a believer in a God but was intimated by the word atheist. I have been baptized three times as an adult but never really had the feeling of religious conversion.

So there I was, a Godless Christian (if you can believe that) rejecting Christ. I wasn't really confused so much as unable to accept my real self.

That's all in the past. I'm a full time atheist, don't put down religiously inclined folks and, frankly, wish them all the best in whatever direction they have to go after death.

(Snicker, snicker) Since there is no Hell or Heaven, at least as far as I have been able to ascertain I hope them the best.

The idea there are Gods or a God seems to me to be among the most absurd beliefs, not to mention a son and a holy ghost, yuuccch.

And a soul? Somehow separate but not separate from the body? I cannot even imagine such a concept.

Well I suppose one could go on forever about the reality of the teachings of the Bible but to what avail?

Guess I've said enough, after all I'm an 82 year old fart and tired, it's time for bed.

Robert

Better late than never.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
25-03-2016, 06:44 AM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
25-03-2016, 07:08 AM
Welcome to TTA.

There is a "Deconversion" thread - it would be interesting to hear how you came to be baptized 3 times as an adult.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-03-2016, 07:26 AM
(25-03-2016 07:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

There is a "Deconversion" thread - it would be interesting to hear how you came to be baptized 3 times as an adult.

I'll settle for hearing it just the once, thank Thumbsup

25-03-2016, 10:02 AM
(25-03-2016 07:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

Short story, three different churches and towns, but it is complicated. The first two were in Baptist churches, mostly because my ex wife came from a fundamental Baptist family. The last had to do with "A Course in Miracles" and the minister of a liberal church group (can't remember the name of the denomination). The minister and I became good friends (he introduced me to "A Course in Miracles"). He invited me to the series of meetings relating to that book.

At the time I was severely depressed and seeing a psychologist and I was impressed with the liberality of the course. There was only a token belief in a God so I was somewhat taken in and decided to join the Church. Though I was still an atheist I was talked into being (re) baptized and eventually became an elder in that denomination.

One time when the minister was gone for a week or two, I was talked into preaching on a Sunday. What a disaster, my subject had nothing to do with a biblical subject; something to do with numerology, something I picked up at the speakers corner in London, England. Something to do with God spelled backward is dog, what a subject for a sermon! No

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
25-03-2016, 10:05 AM
(24-03-2016 09:52 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

I'm curious... what's the current salary for a full-time atheist? Part-time atheists would like to know.

Big Grin

About the same as a part time atheist's. Laughat

Robert

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself