Hello from a secular housewife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Hello from a secular housewife
Hello! I am 25 years old and currently live in Tulsa, OK. I was born and raised in Oklahoma though it isn't where I want to spend the rest of my life. My husband and I have been married since December 2014 though we have been together since 2006. I am a stay at home wife; I take care of the finances, meal planning, and cooking. While I do most of the cleaning he likes to clean once in a while (and who am I to pass up not having to do the dishes or laundry?)

Currently I am using Khan Academy to refresh on math and learn the parts I didn't understand in high school before I apply for community college next year and the big step towards earning my Doctorate in Chemical Engineering. My husband will be going back to school to earn him Master's in an IT field. Though he hasn't chosen a specific area yet he is leaning towards programming.

It was this year that I realized that I didn't believe in any deity, whether it was Yahweh or Odin. I have a very persistent Jehovah's Witness to thank for that, though I don't think he considers my thanks a compliment. They built a hall less than a block away (I live behind a Baptist church, beside a little Spanish church, next to the Baptist church is a Spanish Baptist church, and across the street to the side is now a Kingdom Hall....can't wait to move) and so began proselytizing the surrounding neighborhoods. My Nana taught me to be polite, however I think it backfired on me since he kept coming back. I guess it worked out for me since it helped me to look at my own beliefs and find that I don't believe in any deity.

My husband has opened up about being agnostic, though I joke to him that he sounds more atheist than agnostic. He came from a Methodist background while I come from a Pagan background.

Only a handful of friends know that I am atheist, none of my family knows, but I did change my Facebook belief status (so official hahaha) and made it to where anyone can view it. Not sure if that notified anyone, so those handful of friends might still be the only people that know...eh, I'm not getting hate messages so I'm okay either way. Sorry for this being so long, wasn't really sure what to write and then suddenly my fingers wouldn't stop.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Secular_Dandelion's post
29-10-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Hello from a secular housewife
Welcome!
29-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
29-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Welcome!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Welcome, sounds like quiet a story.

Usually identity as an Agnostic Atheist. For a while I called myself just an Agnostic but when I found people could still adentify as not knowing to the Atheist label it became a little easier to ware. Give him time he will turn.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
29-10-2015, 03:13 PM
welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
29-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Hello! Big Grin
29-10-2015, 04:05 PM
[Image: giphy_zpsty1mslou.gif]
29-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Hello from another atheist stay at home mom.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Thank you for the welcomes, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside ^_^
[+] 1 user Likes Secular_Dandelion's post