Hello from a secular housewife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Hello from a secular housewife
Welcome aboard, if you have any questions let me know. Glad you found us.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2015, 10:02 AM
@ Banjo Oklahoma prides itself on having more churches than CVS on every corner and the church sends out more people to knock on your door than the Girl Scouts. I've seen been thinking of getting a sign to hang beside our door asking people not to knock unless they have Girl Scout cookies. When we moved here we didn't mind the church across the street since it had a park for our friends' kids to go play at. Next place we live I am scouting so much better.

@ The Organic Chemist I would love to counter their arguments with my husband. He has already sowed the seeds of doubt, deep doubt, into a few Christians. When he was active in the church they wouldn't let him do the debates after they tried the "one guy is Satan and the other is God...debate!" and they made him Satan. The guy who played God actually became a Satanist later that year thanks to that debate, and others in the audience became agnostic...not sure where they are now.

@ yakherder I was terrified to tell him I didn't believe in any deities when I first realized it. He already knew that I didn't believe in the Christian deity and that I was quite anti-Christian. I was sure that this would be a deal breaker that I was reserved for a few days before breaking down on him. He is an amazing man, and I'm extremely lucky to have found him.

@ Minimalist I daydream of turning the fields next to me into a giant vegetable garden and small orchard. Fresh tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, artichokes, and fruit! Seems like such a better use of land than so many churches. A community garden actually helps the community as well and who doesn't love warm fresh off the vine tomatoes??

@ goodwithoutgod I might take you up on that since I would love to have an equal debate with the door knockers.

@ Hobbitgirl It is so hard to find homemakers that aren't Jesus obsessed! I love reading blogs and getting tips but it is so annoying to find most housewife/homemaker blogs are hugely focused on Christianity that their daily tips all include "Become like God wants you by doing..." Is there a housewife/homemaker section in the forum?

@ Bows and Arrows I love your name, first off. Second, I know what you mean about being a slacker lately. It has been such nice weather that I've been outside with our dog or just staring out the window instead of folding laundry or preparing the dinners I've meal planned.

@ EvieTheTurtle It is such a wonderful feeling!
[+] 1 user Likes Secular_Dandelion's post
31-10-2015, 10:31 AM
(31-10-2015 10:02 AM)Secular_Dandelion Wrote:  @ Banjo Oklahoma prides itself on having more churches than CVS on every corner and the church sends out more people to knock on your door than the Girl Scouts. I've seen been thinking of getting a sign to hang beside our door asking people not to knock unless they have Girl Scout cookies. When we moved here we didn't mind the church across the street since it had a park for our friends' kids to go play at. Next place we live I am scouting so much better.

@ The Organic Chemist I would love to counter their arguments with my husband. He has already sowed the seeds of doubt, deep doubt, into a few Christians. When he was active in the church they wouldn't let him do the debates after they tried the "one guy is Satan and the other is God...debate!" and they made him Satan. The guy who played God actually became a Satanist later that year thanks to that debate, and others in the audience became agnostic...not sure where they are now.

@ yakherder I was terrified to tell him I didn't believe in any deities when I first realized it. He already knew that I didn't believe in the Christian deity and that I was quite anti-Christian. I was sure that this would be a deal breaker that I was reserved for a few days before breaking down on him. He is an amazing man, and I'm extremely lucky to have found him.

@ Minimalist I daydream of turning the fields next to me into a giant vegetable garden and small orchard. Fresh tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, artichokes, and fruit! Seems like such a better use of land than so many churches. A community garden actually helps the community as well and who doesn't love warm fresh off the vine tomatoes??

@ goodwithoutgod I might take you up on that since I would love to have an equal debate with the door knockers.

@ Hobbitgirl It is so hard to find homemakers that aren't Jesus obsessed! I love reading blogs and getting tips but it is so annoying to find most housewife/homemaker blogs are hugely focused on Christianity that their daily tips all include "Become like God wants you by doing..." Is there a housewife/homemaker section in the forum?

@ Bows and Arrows I love your name, first off. Second, I know what you mean about being a slacker lately. It has been such nice weather that I've been outside with our dog or just staring out the window instead of folding laundry or preparing the dinners I've meal planned.

@ EvieTheTurtle It is such a wonderful feeling!

Excellent, let me know, meanwhile sharpen your axe with my researched and cited musings here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rce-thread

Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)