Hello from bb.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
RE: Hello from bb.com
(06-07-2013 07:48 PM)GreatOldOne Wrote:  The problem of other minds takes on an awesome aspect with internet trolls (I will not be one here...I just appreciate the problem).

After many years and much consideration, I filed the problem of other minds as a waste of time, an exercise in futility. It involves both self-reference and negation, the criteria for Russell's Paradox. But I sure as hell am gonna continue to pretend to believe there are other minds and act accordingly. The fuck else I'm gonna do? Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm assuming bb.com is short for something.
Because bb.com doesn't do anything in my browser.

But, welcome, post lots.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
12-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Body building or body builder I am sure, that's why the juicing...aka taking 'roids.

16-07-2013, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2013 12:08 PM by GreatOldOne.)
(11-07-2013 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-07-2013 07:48 PM)GreatOldOne Wrote:  The problem of other minds takes on an awesome aspect with internet trolls (I will not be one here...I just appreciate the problem).

After many years and much consideration, I filed the problem of other minds as a waste of time, an exercise in futility. It involves both self-reference and negation, the criteria for Russell's Paradox. But I sure as hell am gonna continue to pretend to believe there are other minds and act accordingly. The fuck else I'm gonna do? Tongue

Exactly. I came to the same conclusion. Always fun to play with, though.

I thought about solipsism for some time and thought it might be correct, but wondered by nobody else seemed to agree with me.

It's actually more interesting to assume there are other minds and then try to figure out the nature of subjectivity and the universe...their relationship, IMO (IMO is a bold statement and is a skeptical wrecking ball, actually).

People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.

Vince Lombardi
16-07-2013, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2013 12:04 PM by GreatOldOne.)
(12-07-2013 07:34 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Body building or body builder I am sure, that's why the juicing...aka taking 'roids.

No, my goal is to become more fat. They're not specific over there what part has to get built. Bodybuilding.com.

Actually I'm just kidding. I do lift, though. Not much, but it's me against the universe.

People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.

Vince Lombardi
[+] 1 user Likes GreatOldOne's post