Hello from germany

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Hello from germany
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself briefly...

I'm 21 years old, fresh out of school and joining university this october.
Although my family was/is catholic, I can't really say I was raised as one. We occassionaly went to church and I attended religious education in school like everyone until 8th grade or so, but I don't think I ever believed any of what was told to me, maybe because my parents never seemed to care that much. While my brother became an atheist when he was around 16, I began dabbling in esoteric because i found it fascinating (being about 13 years old then). Eventually I realized that I just 'wanted' to believe in those things and consider myself an atheist maybe since the age of 16 as well. The only thing I took with me from my esoteric phase is, that I can still name dozens of minerals and gems Big Grin.

Although I'm a very shy person, I hope I can contribute to one or another discussion.
(And I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes Smile )

[Image: panda_0077.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taro's post
09-07-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: Hello from germany
Glad to have you! Welcome! Smile
09-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
09-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the TTA family, hope ya like it here.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
09-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forums! Grammar is great no worries! Big Grin

-Adam

"If you use the Bible as a moral guide, you will be arrested in every nation in the civilized world"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 07:35 PM by Dark Light.)
Fucking Germans. Always apologizing for their English mistakes even though are usually more well versed in English than native speakers. Dodgy

Willcommen!

edit: 1 short paragraph and you've already got rep!