Hello from hospital. "How are you conscious?" Doctor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2014, 05:31 AM
RE: Hello from hospital. "How are you conscious?" Doctor
Thanks guys. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2014, 06:16 AM
It sounds like you don't have many people, or anyone to talk to in real life about this. You owe it to yourself to at least use this forum and this section to discuss this rather than bottle it all up. It's even more important if you don't think you will be around for much longer that you enjoy your remaining life. And don't think it will be a burden, we all understand. Besides, I enjoy reading your posts and I am sure plenty of others do too so I am glad that you are sticking around.

If nothing else I want to know how broke your nose with a drum stick! And was the cracking of the bone in time to the music? Smile

Seriously though, when you're ill, even there is a very real chance that you won't make it, it becomes difficult to imagine being well again. Yet it can and does happen. It's a completely different medical condition but we all thought last year was my dad's final year. He was walking around with a failing heart and the stitching on his first mechanical valve was 3/4 unwound. No one wanted to perform surgery because he was too old and already had open heart surgery twice. But in the end he had an operation at a research hospital and now he's looking at several more years of life. My mother has stopped worrying about his health and started enjoying life because she knows that she is lucky to have these extra few years with him. This isn't in anyway meant to diminish your own health problems, just to tell you to keep living in all meanings of the sense.

Besides, you might save yet another women from being run over by a bus!
09-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Thanks. Means a lot to me.

It is true I do not have many close. Those who are I do not tell for fear of worrying them. Most of my friends are work colleagues.

Thanks again. And yes it was in time and I finished the tune. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-06-2014, 06:28 AM
(09-06-2014 06:27 AM)Banjo Wrote:  And yes it was in time and I finished the tune. Smile

Respect!

Bowing
09-06-2014, 06:37 AM
No autographs, just throw money. Wink

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Well, look what the cat dragged in!

Sorry I missed the no posting/posting back and forth, because I would have put in my 2ยข that you should continue. Thankfully, you have seen it my way. Don't throw in the towel just yet.

I hope the health issues can be resolved, at least somewhat, so you can enjoy whatever time you have remaining, be it months or decades. Besides, I'm waiting to hear the next chapters in the Life Of Banjo. Will you be able to continue your teaching and/or gigging? Or will you retire to merely saving lives and whatnot?

Glad to see you're back. Stick around this time.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
09-06-2014, 07:21 AM
I'll keep teaching. May ease up on the gigging. It depends.

I have been upset because a bass plr friend has just been given 2 months to live. Knocked me over a bit.

I have every intention of remaining on the planet alive. Smile

I actually got hurt when I saved that woman. So close guys. So close.

So I then went and saw some industry people and learned all the latest secrets about the drum industry. I even know who V is signing with. Cannot tell who that is. Very hush hush. Wink

Banjo.
09-06-2014, 08:15 AM
(09-06-2014 07:21 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I'll keep teaching. May ease up on the gigging. It depends.

I have been upset because a bass plr friend has just been given 2 months to live. Knocked me over a bit.

I have every intention of remaining on the planet alive. Smile

I actually got hurt when I saved that woman. So close guys. So close.

So I then went and saw some industry people and learned all the latest secrets about the drum industry. I even know who V is signing with. Cannot tell who that is. Very hush hush. Wink

Sorry about your friend's news. Having lost both parents, I can tell you that doctors have *no* clue on this matter. They're guessing just like we all do, and they guess wrong as much of the time as we do, too.

Glad you can keep going and doing something you obviously love. Thumbsup

Years ago I had a friend who was in a band. His fellow band mate had a prototype banjo made entirely of non-porous materials so it could be played underwater. Not that he did that, but it sure had a nice sound. Do they make drums like that now? Sorry - I'm having a hard time visualizing something :new: in drums, unless you're just talking industry gossip.

09-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Loads of gossip really. But gossip from the horses mouth.

There are always innovations. Drummers tend to be conservative and stick with the tried and true. Smile

Banjo.
09-06-2014, 09:40 AM
(09-06-2014 08:20 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Loads of gossip really. But gossip from the horses mouth.

There are always innovations. Drummers tend to be conservative and stick with the tried and true. Smile

Those dammed horses never could keep a secret!

[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post