Hello from hospital. "How are you conscious?" Doctor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 09:52 AM
RE: Hello from hospital. "How are you conscious?" Doctor
How are you feeling today? Better I hope. Any answers as to why your blood count was so low?

That's an awful feeling. After I had my mastectomies I was a kind of tired that I had never experienced before. And it wasn't getting better. After a bath I would need a two hour nap. Every physical effort wiped me out. I didn't know, I thought it just because I had major surgery. After a month, I had to have some stitches redone, and the tears just started to flow. The nurse said that I should be feeling better and asked if I had been checked for anemia. I hadn't, immediately made an appointment with my GP...I was three units low! My oncologist didn't want to do a transfusion because she wanted to know if my bone marrow was working correctly, we already knew the blood loss was from the surgery so we didn't have to look for a cause. She had me take iron and other vitamins and in a very short time I was feeling better and my blood counts were back up.

But I will never forget the exhaustion I felt...like I couldn't even put one foot in front of the other any more.

Once they resolve your blood loss issue, you should feel much better.

Keep us posted.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Write the book. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Thanks everyone.

Anjele, so far 5 units. I've become a pin cushion. Smile

I have been very weak over the past few months but just carried on. I now know I was foolish to do so. The doctors have made it very clear.

To be honest I am a little concerned. Usually they hurry to clear rooms for the next patients. There is no hurry with me and I have the only single room on the floor.

I have had to organize subs to cover my weekend gigs. One a Miles Davis tribute I was looking forward to. The other a 10 piece funk band. Damn it! Smile

If all goes well I will write the book. So far you have the early days. It became far more interesting.

Feeling a bit low so I'll rest up.

I know we only just met and your kind wishes mean even more as a result.

Thank you all very much.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-04-2014, 12:29 AM
My head is nearly back to normal. They let me eat yogurt and I have more strength.

Total blood transfusions over 23 hours.The loss happened over a long period. I am amazed I could play and teach. I am lucky I use a roadie. Especially for percussion because I use a big rig; 3 congas, timbales and various percussion.

So it was true I could have died. I checked again when I felt better. I may need more blood, but I hope not.

I may even get out. They keep doing tests.

Thanks again for allowing me to have this selfish thread. I re read it and was surprized so many people had contributed. I deeply appreciate it.

I told you about the attempted rape??? I must have been really out of it! Facepalm

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
10-04-2014, 12:56 AM
(10-04-2014 12:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  My head is nearly back to normal. They let me eat yogurt and I have more strength.

Total blood transfusions over 23 hours.The loss happened over a long period. I am amazed I could play and teach. I am lucky I use a roadie. Especially for percussion because I use a big rig; 3 congas, timbales and various percussion.

So it was true I could have died. I checked again when I felt better. I may need more blood, but I hope not.

I may even get out. They keep doing tests.

Thanks again for allowing me to have this selfish thread. I re read it and was surprized so many people had contributed. I deeply appreciate it.

I told you about the attempted rape??? I must have been really out of it! Facepalm

FUCK, Banjo, have they figured out what the fuck was going on?

...Sending "positive waves" your way, even though we both know it's just woo...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
10-04-2014, 03:54 AM
Not as yet. It is like an episode of House. Big Grin

Kinda cool because I have a ticket to see Hugh Laurie. Smile

Short answer now in 'anaemia'! Tongue

Banjo.
10-04-2014, 06:10 AM
I had a pm wondering if my story is true.

Sadly yes. But I would not change it.

My brother has an astounding story. He is incredibly successful now.

Banjo.
10-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Happily they are letting me out. I must return in Two weeks for more tests.

I feel human again. I have not felt this way in many months. That I was able to work as a drummer percussionist is amazing. The benefit of all those 10+ hour practise sessions I suppose.

I have to thank the wonderful staff at the Royal Prince Alfed Hospital in Sydney Australia. Their professionalism and kindness has astounded me.

Thanks to you all as well for your kind support. Sorry this is in the wrong area. I was out of it when I posted it.

Many thanks. Banjo.

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
10-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Good to hear...take care of yourself and be sure to follow up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Thanks Anjele. Will do. Big Grin

Banjo.