Hello from sunny Florida

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Hello from sunny Florida
My name is Joyce I live in Ocala, FL with my husband and 2 adult children.
The 2 kids will be moving out soon I hope (fingers crossed).
I was born and raised in Massachusetts as a Catholic.
I was never able to feel like religion was right for me.
For many years I didn't know why I didn't seem to fit in any where.
Then I met someone who is an Atheist after corresponding with her I found myself. Now I know there are others that feel the same way I do.
I don't believe there is a god that created everything to me that is like living in a fantasy world.
How were we created I don't know and I'm not going to worry about it.
I'm just going to continue living best I can.
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2011, 05:43 PM
RE: Hello from sunny Florida
Hey,
Welcome to the forum.

On the created issue , abiogenesis is the best hypothesis available at the moment.
Look up the Urey-Miller experiment for more details.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi, Joyce, I live a few miles south of you in Lake co. Fl. Don't know how long you have been in Ocala, but be careful about expressing your feelings about religion there. Ocala is about the most hard core right wing christian area I have seen in central Fl. Beautiful rolling hills and horse farms , enjoy the area....
27-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi Joyce; I'm Patrick From NJ. I too was Raised as a Catholic, (Roman Catholic, I'm Italian), but began to dislike The nonsense As far back as when I was a teen. But I only recently (2 or 3 years), began to actively Proclaim myself as an Atheist.

Welcome to the Sane side!

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
28-03-2011, 06:52 AM

(27-03-2011 08:59 PM)jmick Wrote:  Hi, Joyce, I live a few miles south of you in Lake co. Fl. Don't know how long you have been in Ocala, but be careful about expressing your feelings about religion there. Ocala is about the most hard core right wing christian area I have seen in central Fl. Beautiful rolling hills and horse farms , enjoy the area....

Hi, nice to meet you. Happy to know some one else living in Florida. I have been living in Ocala since Jan. 2008. I know what you mean about the hard core Christians in my area. I have been on the local newspaper forum here. There are some that are not Christians that will go head to head with the ones that are. There is one other person on the forum that like myself is an atheist. Some of the non Christians have expressed in interest in learning more about Atheism.
I love Ocala the horse farms are beautiful to see.

(27-03-2011 10:33 PM)Chesstime Wrote:  Hi Joyce; I'm Patrick From NJ. I too was Raised as a Catholic, (Roman Catholic, I'm Italian), but began to dislike The nonsense As far back as when I was a teen. But I only recently (2 or 3 years), began to actively Proclaim myself as an Atheist.

Welcome to the Sane side!

Hi Patrick, nice to meet you. I have only recently found out about Atheism. For many years I never knew where I fit in. I have found many new Atheist friends on facebook. It's nice to meet other people with like interest.
Quote this message in a reply