Hello from the Great White North!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Hello from the Great White North!
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Hi, I'm from the Great White North too. Right now it's not so white here in my part of Ontario. I'd attempt singing "let it snow" in hopes that it's like a rain dance but that's just one more thing I'd include on my that's woo woo list. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Whimsymum's post
16-12-2014, 09:42 AM
(14-12-2014 08:16 PM)CanadaGoose Wrote:  Hi All - Well I am one fresh atheist - the paint isn't even dry yet! 2014 will go down in my books as the tipping point year. Didn't plan on it; didn't see it coming. Just kept discovering one thing after another that made a hellova lot more sense than the fundamental BS I grew up shovelling. I am a Bible College grad & my circles of friends & family are very traditional bible thumpity thump thump thumpers. It's that book of ridiculous stories that has nagged at me all these decades. It truly is 50 shades of nonsense! I mean, come on . . . I live next to an old lady, but I doubt she is anywhere near 900 years old (yet). Looking forward to chatting with other thinkers. CG

It's funny when one is a devout Christian you are ready to put up with being put down and then when you go the other way you are faced with the same circumstances but from a different group.
Congrats from another a Montrealer.
16-12-2014, 09:44 AM
It's nice to know that you are in good and intelligent company and many others in the North. Congrats from a Montrealer.
28-12-2014, 11:43 AM
(14-12-2014 08:16 PM)CanadaGoose Wrote:  Hi All - Well I am one fresh atheist - the paint isn't even dry yet! 2014 will go down in my books as the tipping point year. Didn't plan on it; didn't see it coming. Just kept discovering one thing after another that made a hellova lot more sense than the fundamental BS I grew up shovelling. I am a Bible College grad & my circles of friends & family are very traditional bible thumpity thump thump thumpers. It's that book of ridiculous stories that has nagged at me all these decades. It truly is 50 shades of nonsense! I mean, come on . . . I live next to an old lady, but I doubt she is anywhere near 900 years old (yet). Looking forward to chatting with other thinkers. CG

Its nice to see a fellow Canadian here, especially one with a family more obsessed with jesus than mine Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Raven the Canadian's post