Hello, from the land down under!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Hello, from the land down under!
Hi all,

I'm from Australia, been atheist for as long as I can remember. As a kid up to about age 7 - 8, my parents (mostly my dad) did the good family Catholic church thing which I always hated going to. As a kid I always found church boring. I do however thank my parent's for never forcing the bible on us as kids. (It was hard for them to get us to read books anyway lol, sports and computer's/technology is what interested me.)

My first few school years were in a Catholic school, again I found religion class boring. (The only highlight was being able to colour in pictures lol.) This school had a few abusive teacher's, religion or not my mum did not like at all.
That was the last time I had anything to do with religion, going to church seemed like it just stopped.

I look forward to having a chat with all you good people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mafukah's post
24-01-2018, 09:28 AM
RE: Hello, from the land down under!
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Welcome!
24-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Fortunately my parents did not push the Catholicism on me either. My problem was going from public school to Catholic -- the nuns, the structure, the kids were all so different that I freaked out. Thus here I am, bothering everyone here with my nonsense. Hobo

Welcome!

Dog is my Pontius Pilate
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2018, 11:16 AM
(24-01-2018 09:23 AM)Mafukah Wrote:  Hi all,

I'm from Australia, been atheist for as long as I can remember. As a kid up to about age 7 - 8, my parents (mostly my dad) did the good family Catholic church thing which I always hated going to. As a kid I always found church boring. I do however thank my parent's for never forcing the bible on us as kids. (It was hard for them to get us to read books anyway lol, sports and computer's/technology is what interested me.)

My first few school years were in a Catholic school, again I found religion class boring. (The only highlight was being able to colour in pictures lol.) This school had a few abusive teacher's, religion or not my mum did not like at all.
That was the last time I had anything to do with religion, going to church seemed like it just stopped.

I look forward to having a chat with all you good people.

I'll be visiting Brisbane early next month. I still don't understand how the hell you guys pee upside down without making a mess.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Hello! Big Grin
24-01-2018, 12:02 PM
G'Day Mate. Kangaroos and all that. Thumbsup

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-01-2018, 06:03 PM
G'day sport, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-01-2018, 06:05 PM
hi there!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
24-01-2018, 06:15 PM
I love yo name, Mafukah Wink