Hello from the land of the long white cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2012, 02:41 PM
RE: Hello from the land of the long white cloud
(28-11-2012 02:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 09:31 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Explain what?
QE, which stands for Quantitative Easing or Queen Elizabeth. The process of having a bowel movement in a controlled fashion resulting in a measurable increase in one's feeling of wellbeing.

Well if that's a QE, what's a QE II ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-11-2012, 02:48 PM
(28-11-2012 02:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 02:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  QE, which stands for Quantitative Easing or Queen Elizabeth. The process of having a bowel movement in a controlled fashion resulting in a measurable increase in one's feeling of wellbeing.

Well if that's a QE, what's a QE II ?
A dump of royal proportions ?
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
28-11-2012, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2012 06:51 PM by earmuffs.)
Quantitative easing. It's the new in-thing countries are doing right now. I gotta say, I don't like it, I think if it's not done right it can cause out-of-control inflation. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

In a nutshell it is basically the a countries reserve bank printing money and using it to buy government bonds or other assets (Our Green Party suggested doing it to buy offshore liquid assets to re-fill our disaster fund. If you're gonna do it, this would be the best way, inflation is kept to a minimum buying off shore. At least until that fund is needed, then inflation will skyrocket). This forces inflation up, decreases the dollar etc..
"But I thought inflation is bad"
It is.
"So why increase inflation"
Like I said random person in my brain, it decreases the dollar. It also increases interest rates which is it's main purpose.
Some people rely on interest rates for income and so decrease in interest rates means these people are less likely to spend etc..

It's basically technical shit people don't care about but it can have serious consequences.
It also decreases export value, but increases export volume. However, in contrast imported goods increase in value.

You'll hear about it more when the dollar is devalued so much it costs $1000 for a loaf of bread today, $2000 tomorrow, $10,000 the next day etc... and everyone is questioning how we got that way. aka; "do an Argentina".

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
28-11-2012, 07:00 PM
(28-11-2012 06:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quantitative easing. It's the new in-thing countries are doing right now. I gotta say, I don't like it, I think if it's not done right it can cause out-of-control inflation. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

In a nutshell it is basically the a countries reserve bank printing money and using it to buy government bonds or other assets (Our Green Party suggested doing it to buy offshore liquid assets to re-fill our disaster fund. If you're gonna do it, this would be the best way, inflation is kept to a minimum buying off shore. At least until that fund is needed, then inflation will skyrocket). This forces inflation up, decreases the dollar etc..
"But I thought inflation is bad"
It is.
"So why increase inflation"
Like I said random person in my brain, it decreases the dollar. It also increases interest rates which is it's main purpose.
Some people rely on interest rates for income and so decrease in interest rates means these people are less likely to spend etc..

It's basically technical shit people don't care about but it can have serious consequences.
It also decreases export value, but increases export volume. However, in contrast imported goods increase in value.

You'll hear about it more when the dollar is devalued so much it costs $1000 for a loaf of bread today, $2000 tomorrow, $10,000 the next day etc... and everyone is questioning how we got that way. aka; "do an Argentina".
hey! I resent... nah actually you're right Hobo

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
28-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Hah, if you guys wanna know about QE look no further than Zim. Dollar used to devalue literally by the second.
30-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Hey Daryl,

Welcome to TTA. If this thread you started doesn't give you a sense of the way things are around here, nothing will. Hobo

Actually, it's a good group, very diverse, and you'll find a lot of serious stuff as well as the frivolity.

BTW, I note that from Wellington to Blenheim is only a short hop across the Cook Strait. Just sayin' . . . Drinking Beverage

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
30-11-2012, 02:13 AM
(30-11-2012 01:15 AM)cufflink Wrote:  short hop across the Cook Strait. Just sayin' . . . Drinking Beverage
Is it OK for gay guys to go through the strait ? Do they make you wear a jacket?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-11-2012, 05:40 AM
God damn, you guys are worst then my Dad... "got a girlfriend yet son" "ahh firstly hello to you, and no"

If I wanted a boyfriend or friends for that matter while we're going there, I would go out and find someone.
But I don't. Period. End of story.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
30-11-2012, 05:47 AM
Are you sure that your apparently aversion toward social interaction is simply the left over result of some sort of trauma in your past?

Where'd the sheep touch you, Muffs?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
30-11-2012, 06:09 AM
[Image: 317749.jpg]

Wanna know what my flatmate said the other day?
"You hang the sheep over a cliff because it pushes back"