Hello here's some new information.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Hi there, Michael aka Livemike here.

For my first trick I will prove that random changes can create information/order. Take a new pack of playing cards, note the original order and shuffle thoroughly. Then put the cards down in a circle face up, marking where the first card is. The information in this arrangement of playing cards equals the sum of the log (1/(probability this card will be at least as close to it's original position as it is)) for all the cards. Use a spreadsheet to figure out the total information in the pack. Then start taking random cards out and putting them back in a random place. Before long you'll have notice the information is greater after one of the changes than before it. That is because there's nothing that prevents a random change from being the same change as that which would increase order.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Livemike's post
27-04-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Hello here's some new information.
(27-04-2016 09:02 PM)Livemike Wrote:  Hi there, Michael aka Livemike here.

For my first trick I will prove that random changes can create information/order. Take a new pack of playing cards, note the original order and shuffle thoroughly. Then put the cards down in a circle face up, marking where the first card is. The information in this arrangement of playing cards equals the sum of the log (1/(probability this card will be at least as close to it's original position as it is)) for all the cards. Use a spreadsheet to figure out the total information in the pack. Then start taking random cards out and putting them back in a random place. Before long you'll have notice the information is greater after one of the changes than before it. That is because there's nothing that prevents a random change from being the same change as that which would increase order.

Is this supposed to be making sense?
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
27-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Welcome to the forums. Smile
27-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Card probabilities are interesting. I have learned many facts because I can do card magic. Magicians know so much about them you'd be surprised.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
27-04-2016, 09:51 PM
What the actual fuck are you going on about?
You a crack whore or something?
27-04-2016, 10:21 PM
You shouldn't take drugs and then write here.

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot
27-04-2016, 10:25 PM
(27-04-2016 10:21 PM)Seeking_Truth Wrote:  You shouldn't take drugs and then write here.

I disagree with this statement.
Half of us wouldn't be able to post here if that was a rule and the other half wouldn't bother reading anything if what was written was written by people not on some sort of drugs thus imploding the forum on a downward spiral of inactivity.
I swear the only reason people read anything I type even though I'm not on drugs is because I probably should be on some sort of drugs.
Drugs are not what makes the world go round but they are what stop you from getting dizzy while the world goes round. Without crazy people we can't have sane people.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-04-2016, 10:26 PM
(27-04-2016 09:02 PM)Livemike Wrote:  Hi there, Michael aka Livemike here.

Your trick is boring, (and known already, the world over).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-04-2016, 10:29 PM
(27-04-2016 10:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 10:21 PM)Seeking_Truth Wrote:  You shouldn't take drugs and then write here.

I disagree with this statement.
Half of us wouldn't be able to post here if that was a rule and the other half wouldn't bother reading anything if what was written was written by people not on some sort of drugs thus imploding the forum on a downward spiral of inactivity.
I swear the only reason people read anything I type even though I'm not on drugs is because I probably should be on some sort of drugs.

If I werent on drugs, none of that would have made any sense.

Fortunately... Smokin

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
28-04-2016, 06:05 AM
Hi, welcome.... I've no idea what your on about, anyway , shuffle your way into the forum...... Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí