Hello - just signed up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Smile RE: Hello - just signed up
(23-01-2017 12:18 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I'm only a lifelong atheist. So does my wearing this shirt make me a Fashion Atheist?

[Image: 20161113_113201-1_zpse68ix7ph.jpg]
No...but it does make you fashionable. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JHaysPE's post
25-01-2017, 06:57 PM
RE: Hello - just signed up
Welcome, though I disagree with you. If you stick around I think you will find that atheists are not necessarily overly offended by theists.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post
25-01-2017, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2017 09:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-01-2017 09:49 AM)JHaysPE Wrote:  I also think atheism can be horribly represented by those who have not actually "considered" and "contemplated", but because atheism is "cool" and goes with that latest Goth phase one finds themselves in.

Kinda like deity/no deity BOTH being "faith" positions misrepresents atheism ?
THAT horrible representation ?

Quote:I'm not interested in discussing atheism and faith with "fashion atheists".

Never heard of that. Ever. There are none here.
I do know of some fashion theists tho. They like red and purple dresses.

[Image: Next+Pope+Cardinal-Burke+Cappa-Magna-Featured.jpeg]

Quote:So - glad to be here. I hope to add some food for thought here form time to time, and I promised will openly consider yours.

That would be a refreshing change ... in general we know far more about religion than the theists who drop in, thinking they are gonna "educate" us. You have an advanced degree in the field ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-01-2017, 03:46 AM
New here myself, it's good to know that you are not going to use any sweeping generalizations about atheistsShocking
[+] 2 users Like Manic's post
26-01-2017, 06:29 AM
(21-01-2017 09:49 AM)JHaysPE Wrote:  Hey...

A little about me. I am a Catholic Christian, so let's get that out of the way right up front.

There was a time in my life that I was atheist. Religious belief and expression made no sense. And then one day, atheism was no longer reasonable to me. So that's my story.

The reason i am here is that I think religious belief is horribly represented in these types of discussions sometimes, and I think I can offer a different perspective. I also think atheism can be horribly represented by those who have not actually "considered" and "contemplated", but because atheism is "cool" and goes with that latest Goth phase one finds themselves in.

I'm not interested in discussing atheism and faith with "fashion atheists".

So - glad to be here. I hope to add some food for thought here form time to time, and I promised will openly consider yours.

A theist walks into a forum offering a "different perspective" stop me if you heard this one before........

Protip- interpretations, word games and general apologism will not get any respect here.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
26-01-2017, 10:49 AM
(26-01-2017 06:29 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  A theist walks into a forum offering a "different perspective" stop me if you heard this one before........

Protip- interpretations, word games and general apologism will not get any respect here.
So I may particpate, but I'm only respected if I am irrelevant. What kind of echo-chamber is this then?
26-01-2017, 10:51 AM
(25-01-2017 09:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have an advanced degree in the field ?
That isn't anything I plan to confirm or deny in here...
26-01-2017, 10:51 AM
(26-01-2017 10:49 AM)JHaysPE Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 06:29 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  A theist walks into a forum offering a "different perspective" stop me if you heard this one before........

So I may particpate, but I'm only respected if I am irrelevant. What kind of echo-chamber is this then?

That's not at all what he said.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
26-01-2017, 10:58 AM
At work.

(26-01-2017 10:49 AM)JHaysPE Wrote:  

Um, perhaps they meant 'I reverent'? Consider

Or 'Impertinent'? Consider

Or 'Impudent'? Consider

Big Grin
26-01-2017, 11:15 AM
(26-01-2017 10:51 AM)JHaysPE Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 09:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have an advanced degree in the field ?
That isn't anything I plan to confirm or deny in here...

Dude, you just showed a considerable degree of contempt for the forum you are on, knowingly or unwittingly idk hopefully unwittingly. Good luck with your mission take advantage of the freedom this atheist site affords you the likes of which you will never find on any one of the heavily censored christian web forums, surely that should be a huge red flag to you.