Hello my fellow atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Hello my fellow atheists
I am a christian "possibly changing to catholics" if you want to know why feel free to ask Smile

Either way. I have a few.. well maybe one question to ask atheists. Which is why i joined this site. I feel to understand faith one needs to have knowledge. Atleast how i see it. But i won't try to be too bothersome and preachy, just straight to the point with the general questions.

Either way. Glad to meet you Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: Hello my fellow atheists
Welcome to TTA.

Always good to meet a fellow atheist (even when one lacks belief in slightly less gods than thou).

Huh

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
23-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Welcome!
23-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Welcome. Not trying to be difficult, but what was the question?

Also, please do tell me about becoming Catholic. The only reason I've ever heard for that is marriage into a religious family, and then it is usually a pretense to appease the in-laws.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
23-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Well i was raised in protestantic (Not sure what specific type. I just say protestantic) But the reason is because i understand the catholic theology better than the one i was raised in. In terms of 7 deadly sin and it just seems more direct and speaks more to me etc. Like i get a better understanding of christian theology than the one i am currently in. Like the idea to struggle... (Which i admit i knew about the struggle concept before. But Catholic understand of "God is angry with what we do" spoke to me when i listened to audio on youtube. And i just feel it somehow gets a better understanding in terms of traditions etc)

Although i have not yet gone over to become a catholic yes. I plan to go to a mass on sunday just to see what its about. But thats o
23-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Welcome fellow atheist, or is it christian? Me confused...
[+] 4 users Like Iñigo's post
23-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Hello! Big Grin
23-11-2015, 11:34 AM
My mom is still Catholic, I am a former Catholic. You are more than welcome as a theist to partake in this website. But it will not be enjoyable if you take blasphemy or bluntness of your claims personally. If we go after a claim, it is the claim. You will not find many atheists who are selective about which religions they challenge. We even go after each other when we disagree. My best advice for anyone of any religion is to treat us as individuals, we are not lock step in agreement ourselves and we do have different personalities and comfort levels as far as word choices and tactics.

Welcome to the lion's den.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
23-11-2015, 11:46 AM
(23-11-2015 08:40 AM)Keiya Wrote:  I am a christian "possibly changing to catholics" if you want to know why feel free to ask Smile

Either way. I have a few.. well maybe one question to ask atheists. Which is why i joined this site. I feel to understand faith one needs to have knowledge. Atleast how i see it. But i won't try to be too bothersome and preachy, just straight to the point with the general questions.

Welcome Keiya, A questioning mind is always a good thing. I love questions, feel free to start a thread elsewhere and I am sure answers will be provided. Let me know if you need anything, or have any specific questions.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-11-2015, 12:17 PM
(23-11-2015 08:40 AM)Keiya Wrote:  I am a christian "possibly changing to catholics" if you want to know why feel free to ask Smile

Welcome! Ex-Lutheran here (basically, Catholic-lite).