Hello there!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Hello there!
Hello there, my name is Emmanuel, I'm from Mexico and I'm 26 years old, since I was a child I always questioned my family's beliefs, my mother is protestant and my father's family is catholic, I was in a catholic school for almost 9 years, there was a time when I was a believer, all changed when I watched Carl Sagan's Cosmos documentaries, I suffered discrimination in the school when I started questioning the creacionist teachings at my school, my mother's christian group tried to convince me that I dont have any control over my life only god, like some sort of puppet-puppeteer analogy, thats when I saw this kind of ideas insulting in every way. For me the judeo-christian faith like every other religion its a belief system based on fear, discrimination, ignorance, segregation, separation, domination, etc. Thats why I became an atheist.
I found this page because I was looking for a website where I could share my opinion about this subject and read other persons opinion. Greetings from Mexico to all the people around here. Peace.
P.S. Sorry for my bad english Tongue

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 07:03 PM

RE: Hello there!
(12-10-2010 06:32 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Hello there, my name is Emmanuel, I'm from Mexico and I'm 26 years old, since I was a child I always questioned my family's beliefs, my mother is protestant and my father's family is catholic, I was in a catholic school for almost 9 years, there was a time when I was a believer, all changed when I watched Carl Sagan's Cosmos documentaries, I suffered discrimination in the school when I started questioning the creacionist teachings at my school, my mother's christian group tried to convince me that I dont have any control over my life only god, like some sort of puppet-puppeteer analogy, thats when I saw this kind of ideas insulting in every way. For me the judeo-christian faith like every other religion its a belief system based on fear, discrimination, ignorance, segregation, separation, domination, etc. Thats why I became an atheist.
I found this page because I was looking for a website where I could share my opinion about this subject and read other persons opinion. Greetings from Mexico to all the people around here. Peace.
Congratulations for leaving the fear paradigm behind.
Your English is very good. I'd be very hard pressed to be so articulate in Spanish. (OK, Actually I'd be horrible at it. I'm very mono-lingual. ha ha!)
Welcome to The Thinking atheist. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 09:52 PM

Welcome! It's wonderful to have a new face (and a new geographic area) represented here!
12-10-2010, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010 10:21 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
(12-10-2010 07:03 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(12-10-2010 06:32 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Hello there, my name is Emmanuel, I'm from Mexico and I'm 26 years old, since I was a child I always questioned my family's beliefs, my mother is protestant and my father's family is catholic, I was in a catholic school for almost 9 years, there was a time when I was a believer, all changed when I watched Carl Sagan's Cosmos documentaries, I suffered discrimination in the school when I started questioning the creacionist teachings at my school, my mother's christian group tried to convince me that I dont have any control over my life only god, like some sort of puppet-puppeteer analogy, thats when I saw this kind of ideas insulting in every way. For me the judeo-christian faith like every other religion its a belief system based on fear, discrimination, ignorance, segregation, separation, domination, etc. Thats why I became an atheist.
Congratulations for leaving the fear paradigm behind.
Your English is very good. I'd be very hard pressed to be so articulate in Spanish. (OK, Actually I'd be horrible at it. I'm very mono-lingual. ha ha!)
Welcome to The Thinking atheist. Smile

Thank you very much, Its not easy to get rid of fear but is not impossible. Peace
(12-10-2010 09:52 PM)athnostic Wrote:  Welcome! It's wonderful to have a new face (and a new geographic area) represented here!

Hehe thank you, Its not easy to be an atheist here in Mexico, most people here are catholic intolerant zealots Big Grin. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the site! Sagan's writings and videos had a huge effect on my life as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
Find all posts by this user
13-10-2010, 05:17 AM
hi there and welcome to the forum! Your english is GREAT compared to my spanish! LOL!
14-10-2010, 05:40 AM
Hey, welcome to the forums.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
27-10-2010, 04:55 AM

Hello Guys ....I am Hari ,New to this forum......Welcome to all members.Have a Good day !
01-11-2010, 02:42 AM

hello . . . !!!
i am also new here ,24,male. nice to meet you !!!
looking forward to get so much useful info and some good friends from here , nice forum , keep up the good work .Have a nice day . . !!!
02-11-2010, 02:43 AM

hi Vaughan,...
welcome in this site,...i am new here,..its nice site to visit,...
i am glad to see you here,...