Hello there.. I'm Cypher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2017, 11:01 AM
RE: Hello there.. I'm Cypher
(10-01-2017 10:56 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 12:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Welcome to the party, Cypher. Smile

Hope you fare better than your The Matrix namesake:

I'm a Christian (Don't worry not a Southern Baptist) in an atheist forum. God knows how long I'll last (haha banter)

It depends on how intellectually honest, respectful of disagreement, tolerant of strong dissent, and humble you are.

I would point out to you that the person who has the highest Reputation rating on our site (that I've seen, anyway) is a Christian... check out the profile of Kingschosen.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Hi and welcome Thumbsup

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
10-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Welcome... but I have to ask... where did you get this omni-benevolent thing?

Moreover, why is this a thing? And, why does it keep popping up in Christianity?

Also, you don't believe in omnipotence... that's... different?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-01-2017, 11:44 AM
(10-01-2017 08:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome... but I have to ask... where did you get this omni-benevolent thing?

Moreover, why is this a thing? And, why does it keep popping up in Christianity?

Also, you don't believe in omnipotence... that's... different?

The concept of omnibenevolence stems from two basic ideas of God: that God is perfect and that God is morally good. Therefore, God must possess perfect goodness,
according to Christianity, but biblically I never saw any verse which supported this, its more like an assumption made by all Christians

Oh no. He's here - God
18-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Not all Christians... or better yet, Christians that actually read the Bible. God is clearly not omni-benevolent in scripture.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
18-01-2017, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2017 05:59 PM by cactus.)
Welcome. Smile

Genesis 1:26 refers to both "image" and "likeness," which seems to me like a reference to both concrete and abstract characteristics, or possibly as two different interpretations of the same narrative, which were later compiled together into the book of Genesis.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?