Hello there, folks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2011, 08:53 AM

Hello there, folks
I would like to introduce myself. Hello there, folks. I'm Albert-Jan. At 27 years old I've been an atheist for around 15 years old. Being brought up in a Dutch Reformed Protestant household I was indoctrinated with christianity. After being disillusioned by the bible and telling my parent I found out theat my father was an atheist as well, he'd humoured my mother who was than religious and now also a proud non-theist. I reside in the Netherlands which is not quite as secular as many people seem to think. As I enjoyed this podcast for the last months I'd figuere that I might as well join this merry band of infidels.

Yours sincerly,

AJ
I came about the forum through the podcast. When I get fed up with religious BS I usually listen to atheist podcast to clear my head. I'm a strong supporter of strong atheism which I define as "The notion that the a god exists in any practical sense is so unlikely that we might as well not bother believing in it, let alone worshipping it". I'm very vocal on that standpoint because I have the right, just like the religious folk, to state my point of view. Seeing as I grew up with the bible and I'm very well versed in its content, my arguments with religious people tend to be short. During these I am civil if they are also, I just knock down their arguments with their own scripture.

Aside from that I also practice kickboxing, which in my opinion is the best stress-release in this universe. Also I enjoy playing Magic the Gathering with friend (we are nerds and proud of it) and going to the pub. I study psychology at the university and make my living as a certified cabdriver. If you have any questions just ask Wink
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 02:05 PM
RE: Hello there, folks
Hey,
Welcome to the forum. Another fellow European.
I came to the forum through the videos on YT. Glad I did. Hope you enjoy yourself as much as I do.
Just two questions:
1.What's your poison ?
2.How long have you been a kick-boxer ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2011, 12:25 AM

(26-05-2011 02:05 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Hey,
Welcome to the forum. Another fellow European.
I came to the forum through the videos on YT. Glad I did. Hope you enjoy yourself as much as I do.
Just two questions:
1.What's your poison ?
2.How long have you been a kick-boxer ?
1. Beer and whiskey are absolute winners
2. I've now been kickboxing for a year and a half
04-06-2011, 02:05 PM

I Merely thought to introduce myself and say hi, thanks. My friend said it is a good spot to pay a visit to.
04-06-2011, 02:38 PM

Wink RE: Hello there, folks
Hello and welcome.
No one here has a sense of humor. Be warned.

[Image: 5801523.jpg]

Tongue
05-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Hallo en welkom noorderbuur...
Enjoy the forum and the occasional nonsense.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply