Hello there, new here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 07:18 AM
RE: Hello there, new here
Welcome. I am very interested in what you mean by a higher consciousness.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
08-04-2017, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017 09:37 AM by Shirina.)
Deleted by author.
08-04-2017, 07:39 AM
(08-04-2017 12:08 AM)47average Wrote:  I do not believe in a Supreme Being (atheist) but I believe in universal consciousness (agnostic of a higher power) which is why I describe myself as atheist/agnostic.

You should start a thread about what you mean by universal consciousness and why you believe it exists.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
08-04-2017, 08:51 AM
(08-04-2017 01:20 AM)47average Wrote:  Allow me to rephrase; I am a 'committed' Atheist

Welcome to the forum. Many of us have been committed. Tongue

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
08-04-2017, 08:55 AM
(08-04-2017 07:31 AM)Shirina Wrote:  Yeah ... I'm new.

I hate being new.

It's like moving to a brand new city where everyone's a stranger. All of the inside jokes, the "remember when ..." conversations, talk of old forum members that left years ago, all the while trying to get a handle on all the various personalities. Is this person a troll? Is this someone to take seriously? Can I just flame this guy because he's an utter moron?

Being new even runs the risk of mods thinking you're a sockpuppet. Yeah, that's happened to me before. "Wow, your posts sound just like so-n-so's posts -- are you *sure* you're not so-n-so?" Uh, no. Fortunately I've never been banned for mistaken identity. Not yet at any rate.

*sigh* And the thought of having to establish my credibility all ... over ... again.

With a whole new gaggle of people.

*double sigh*

I'm an old hand at forum debates. I'm fairly well known in some circles -- even if those circles have the radii of pinheads, cookie crumbs, and the average size snowflake. But hey, within those tiny zones I've built a comfort zone where everyone knows me (even people that I don't know back ... which is, well, creepy) so coming here is a bit like stepping out of that nice warm shower into the freezing air. No, it's never easy being new.

But here I am with my sardonic wit, wondering if this first post will pass moderator muster, mister, or if I'll be relegated to the ash bin of history, my post doomed to float forever in those dark nether regions between internet sites, buried alive ... buried alive ...

Pleased to meet you. I'd shake your hand but shoving my hand through the monitor usually ends badly for some reason. I'm still gnawing on why that is ...

Welcome to the forum. You should probably start a shiny intro thread of your very own.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
10-04-2017, 07:04 AM
(08-04-2017 01:20 AM)47average Wrote:  Allow me to rephrase; I am a 'committed' Atheist

Welcome to the forum. I'm a rabid atheist myself.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
10-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Welcome!
13-04-2017, 01:43 PM
(10-04-2017 07:04 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  

Welcome to the forum. I'm a rabid atheist myself.

I may have given the wrong impression, I do not have rabies. [Image: TpQlBa0.gif?zoom=2]

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself