Hello thinking community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Hello thinking community
It's great to find a place that requires basic logic.

I was born an atheist, thank god, (pun intended) and thanks to my wonderful parents, raised to think for myself and pursue my own path. Thank you Mom and Dad.

That path seemed to be as a ballet dancer, hence my username, and though I didn't make tons of money I had a wonderful experience not making tons money.

It's great to be here among other fun, interesting and normal people. Yes, to me atheists are the normal ones and the religious folk are just plain crazy.

Dancefortwo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: Hello thinking community
Hi Dancer - glad you could make it. There are all kinds of people here - even a few theists & a few trolls - but you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

There is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance. ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
Perception is up for grabs, and truth seems to be the one precious thing, that no one wants anyone to find.
22-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the forum! I am pretty new here, myself, but you will find some very bright people here. . . and a few fools.
25-05-2013, 01:42 PM
You was born Atheist.
Where are you from ?
26-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Lucky you, being born atheist, and welcome!
26-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Are you from Asia?

Want something? Then do something.
26-05-2013, 09:15 AM
(25-05-2013 01:42 PM)viocjit Wrote:  You was born Atheist.
Where are you from ?

Everyone is born atheist. Religion is indoctrinated in children. If no one indoctrinates you, you are an atheist. So, we are all born atheists.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-05-2013, 11:43 AM
I was raised in the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe. It's a ski resort area. There are very few churches there because everyone is having such a good time and who wants to go to church on a skiing trip anyway?

My parents wanted my brothers and sister to think for ourselves and discover our own philosophies and beliefs.

So between living in a resort area and having reasonable parents I was raised in childhood nirvana.