Hello to all from a new member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 01:25 AM
RE: Hello to all from a new member
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2017, 02:21 AM
(21-02-2017 08:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 08:53 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  I've been stalked before so I'm used to it by now. Just one of the side effects of being so damn good looking.

Wait.. you're so damn good looking!? ME TOO!? Holy shit, it's so hard to find other so damn good looking people these days.
Pics or it didn't happen! Welcome, and congrats on your sobriety.
22-02-2017, 02:22 AM
Heya, welcome! Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've led an interesting life.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
22-02-2017, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2017 09:04 PM by RearViewMirror.)
(22-02-2017 06:52 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've led an interesting life.

Thanks!

Interesting is one way of putting it. Besides being the only atheist in my family (not counting my wife who doesn't believe) kind of makes me the bad son lol. I say that in jest as my parents have come to accept it. The FD has afforded me a life of never knowing what the day is going to bring. I couldn't sit behind a desk all day for the rest of my life. I'd be miserable. The FD is much like the military. Moments of boredom punctuated with sheer action. You see the worst and best of people in this job. It's a stressful job just knowing that alarm could go off any minute for the 24hrs we are on duty and you never know what you are going to run into. From mundane runs to truly life changing moments.

I manage that stress (now without alcohol) by playing my guitar (I've played since I was 13) and teaching my daughter guitar. I also have a side job with photo / video editing for high end real estate. I also create videos and compose my own music for those videos. I've got a lot of money tied up in that camera equipment so I tend to stay pretty occupied. Just today I drove out to a nearby lake and created a portion of a time lapse video I'm creating. Takes 30 mins of interval shots taken at 3 secs. to create a 30 sec time lapse video. So you can see that it is time consuming but I enjoy just sitting there in nature letting the camera do it's thing while I get to enjoy being in a scenic spot.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post