Hello world

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Hello world
Just a quick introduction to solidify my registration;

I'm interested in the community and our future conversations.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Hello world
Well hello then!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-11-2013, 03:10 PM
(29-11-2013 02:33 PM)Wolfamongsheep Wrote:  Just a quick introduction to solidify my registration;

Hey I'm The_Thinking_Theist, though you should call me TTT. I am a theistic member of the forum and my opinions are to be hit with a frozen sledgehammer all the day. Smile
[+] 3 users Like The_Thinking_Theist's post
29-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Welcome aboard!

Is there a story behind your unusual user name? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Rainbow RE: Hello world
Enjoy! You'll meet all types here!Thumbsup
30-11-2013, 12:34 AM
    Hello all - My given name is Mike - Raised in a VERY religious LDS NASA (jpl.nasa.gov) family - (I know! seems like an oxymoron Right? ) My father worked in the Advanced Propulsion Section at Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena CA ( google "lithium cesium MHD" ) That's my dad in 1970 - check out the sideburns! - His final project at "The Lab" was the CCD mount & SOFA for the WF/PC(#1) on HST (acronyms! Selectable Optical Filter Assembly for the (original) Wide Field and Planetary Camera on the Hubble Space Telescope) I failed English with an A on the final, the same semester I got an A+ in Geometry because I did not read story books. There were no characters or plot in "The Rocket Handbook for Amateurs" by Lt.Col. Charles M.Parkin, Jr. -> no book report = F. I guess I have ALLWAYS been an atheist - At least sceptical but never let on to anybody until after I read Richard Dawkins "The God Delusion". Then I 'came-out' as atheist - what an amazingly freeing experience.
[+] 2 users Like Rocket Scientist's post
30-11-2013, 04:37 AM
Welcome to the forum RS!

30-11-2013, 05:10 AM
(29-11-2013 02:33 PM)Wolfamongsheep Wrote:  Just a quick introduction to solidify my registration;

Hello
[Image: smiling-planet-earth-cartoon-2-thum.jpg?w=300]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
30-11-2013, 07:01 AM

Welcome Wolf.

Ohmy
A wolf knocks on the door of the sheep pen and says "I'm interested in the community" and licks his (or her) lips.

Blink ... why am I feeling slightly apprehensive?

(30-11-2013 04:37 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Welcome to the forum RS!

What Dark Light, as moderator, meant to add was that it is traditional to either add an intro to this http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...E?page=425 thread or start a new intro thread just for yourself as Wolfamongsheep has done (rather than piggy-back onto someone else's).

But that rocket has flown so ...
Welcome RS. Enjoy the flight.

30-11-2013, 07:55 AM
DLJ Wrote:
(30-11-2013 04:37 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Welcome to the forum RS!

What Dark Light, as moderator, meant to add was that it is traditional to either add an intro to this http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...E?page=425 thread or start a new intro thread just for yourself as Wolfamongsheep has done (rather than piggy-back onto someone else's).

But that rocket has flown so ...
Welcome RS. Enjoy the flight.

I hate you, you cocksucker. And by that, I mean I Heart you, you cocksucker. Tongue