Hello world

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Hello world
Hi there

I'm a 34 year old ex muslim from Bangladesh. I left Islam and stopped believing in organized religion two years ago. In a third world country like BD, it is extremely difficult to live and survive as an atheist/agnostic. Since I left my religion, I almost lost all of my friends, my fiance and job. I got estranged with family. In this country, people can even get hacked, slaughtered, shot by the Islamists and get arrested and imprisoned for upto 14 years for expressing thoughts. Nobody's here to protect you. In fact, I'm quite lucky that I'm not dead yet. If I sound like a complaining bitch, please forgive me. But I needed to let a few things out. I really hope to find a few good friends here

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like TheUnholy's post
24-04-2017, 04:50 PM
RE: Hello world
Welcome! Jump in anywhere. We don't get a lot of x-Islamists for the reasons you laid out.

Stay safe!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Welcome! Do you think you could get asylum in some other country?
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
24-04-2017, 05:06 PM
(24-04-2017 04:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Welcome! Do you think you could get asylum in some other country?

Thanks a lot. I thought about it a lot. But the irony is, I'm a popular guy in my country. I'm a musician, radio personality and writer. I cannot disclose my name/identity but I even have a wikipedia page. There can even be a massive fan outcry if they find out I'm an agnostic/atheist. My situation is really complicated. I can't even talk to anyone about it. that's why I thought this must be a place where I can find people like me. that's it, I guess Smile
[+] 2 users Like TheUnholy's post
24-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Welcome, Unholy! Shy

I look back at my own shedding of religious faith, and don't know if I'd have had the courage to pursue my scrutiny of it, if I had to face potentially lethal consequences! Confused

You are quite brave! Bowing
Stay safe, tho!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
24-04-2017, 05:12 PM
(24-04-2017 05:08 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Welcome, Unholy! Shy

I look back at my own shedding of religious faith, and don't know if I'd have had the courage to pursue my scrutiny of it, if I had to face potentially lethal consequences! Confused

You are quite brave! Bowing
Stay safe, tho!

Thank you so much for those nice words. All of us are braves in our rights. Leaving the delusion behind is brave enough Smile
[+] 2 users Like TheUnholy's post
24-04-2017, 05:13 PM
I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to live like this. In the 21st century. This is beyond ridiculous, beyond sad and beyond INFURIATING.

Why won't religion hurry up and die already, it's on its deathbed already anyway Dodgy

Welcome to TTA, hope you enjoy it here, if nothing else, it's great for venting.

And stay safe.

(God, imagine being in danger because you've outgrown fairy-tales! How many levels of sick is this! Dodgy )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
24-04-2017, 05:17 PM
I've been to Bangladesh. It sure is an intense place. To tell the truth, I wouldn't have the courage to announce my atheism there. Good luck.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
24-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Welcome to TTA!
Please be careful.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-04-2017, 05:31 PM
(24-04-2017 05:17 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I've been to Bangladesh. It sure is an intense place. To tell the truth, I wouldn't have the courage to announce my atheism there. Good luck.

Glad you didn't. and it's nice to hear you've been here Smile
[+] 1 user Likes TheUnholy's post