Hello world

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: Hello world
(24-04-2017 05:58 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 05:46 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Have you read or heard of Like a Diamond in the Sky a novel by Shazia Omar?

Yup! I heard about that book. But couldn't get the chance to read it Sad

It's about drug abuse among young people, mostly in Dhaka iirc, who were trying to hang on to their middle class status. I wondered if drug addiction is really a big problem there. I did see a rehab clinic and see signs of heroin addiction in India. In Dhaka one guy started following me around trying to get me to buy weed. I wanted him to fuck off so badly.

From your knowledge are meth (yaba) and heroin commonly abused in Bangladesh?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
24-04-2017, 09:41 PM
(24-04-2017 05:06 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 04:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Welcome! Do you think you could get asylum in some other country?

Thanks a lot. I thought about it a lot. But the irony is, I'm a popular guy in my country. I'm a musician, radio personality and writer. I cannot disclose my name/identity but I even have a wikipedia page. There can even be a massive fan outcry if they find out I'm an agnostic/atheist. My situation is really complicated. I can't even talk to anyone about it. that's why I thought this must be a place where I can find people like me. that's it, I guess Smile

I'd encourage you to get out before bad things happen to you. Or, if you are certain that you can keep a lid on the exposure, continue to post here, but tell your family that you just have doubts, and are working through them. The last think you need is to get hacked by stupid people with machetes. No
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
24-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Hug

Wishing you all the very best.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
25-04-2017, 02:53 AM
G'day mate; welcome to TTA, and hopefully a place where you be open about yourself and your beliefsā€”or lack thereof. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
25-04-2017, 12:34 PM
(24-04-2017 06:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Welcome to TTA! Please do be careful though. Sad

A high school classmate's family back in the early 2000s, immigrated from your nation and one of the first things she did was stop pretending to be a Muslim.

Thank you so much. She did the right thing Smile
25-04-2017, 12:37 PM
(24-04-2017 07:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Hello to you and welcome to our little piece of ridda, and join the rest of the murtadds. Thumbsup

Thank you so much! Hence, the nick TheUnholy. Right now, I'm doing a part time job since I can't find a good one after I got fired from my previous workplace for leaving Islam and becoming a "murtad". Whereas, some guy in my country spend approximately $120,000 for his son's circumcision party. It's true Smile
25-04-2017, 12:41 PM
(24-04-2017 07:49 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 05:58 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  Yup! I heard about that book. But couldn't get the chance to read it Sad

It's about drug abuse among young people, mostly in Dhaka iirc, who were trying to hang on to their middle class status. I wondered if drug addiction is really a big problem there. I did see a rehab clinic and see signs of heroin addiction in India. In Dhaka one guy started following me around trying to get me to buy weed. I wanted him to fuck off so badly.

Yes, Yaba is widely available in Bangladesh and according to sources, Bangladesh is one of the cheapest producers of Yaba in the world. Heroin is also widely available but is not as cheap as meth. It is estimated that around 70% of the young people are addicted to meth in some form. and most of them are regular users
25-04-2017, 12:43 PM
(24-04-2017 09:41 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'd encourage you to get out before bad things happen to you. Or, if you are certain that you can keep a lid on the exposure, continue to post here, but tell your family that you just have doubts, and are working through them. The last think you need is to get hacked by stupid people with machetes. No

Thank you so much once again. Yes, if I see that situations are getting worse, I'd definitely move to some other country. And let's not talk about parents, buddy. They were the first people to call me "Murtad" (infidel) Smile
25-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Hi TheUnholy, so glad you found us. Please, feel free to come here and rant or discuss whatever you want. We have a variety of discussion topics and perspectives here. Feel free to be yourself here. With all the news coming out of your country the past couple of years, please keep safe.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-04-2017, 05:30 PM
(25-04-2017 12:41 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 07:49 PM)ImFred Wrote:  It's about drug abuse among young people, mostly in Dhaka iirc, who were trying to hang on to their middle class status. I wondered if drug addiction is really a big problem there. I did see a rehab clinic and see signs of heroin addiction in India. In Dhaka one guy started following me around trying to get me to buy weed. I wanted him to fuck off so badly.

Yes, Yaba is widely available in Bangladesh and according to sources, Bangladesh is one of the cheapest producers of Yaba in the world. Heroin is also widely available but is not as cheap as meth. It is estimated that around 70% of the young people are addicted to meth in some form. and most of them are regular users

That's heartbreaking. That's a society in complete despair. And the climate disasters are only making it worse. Bangladesh really can't seem to catch a break. Cyclones, floods, war, overpopulation, cyclical poverty.

When I traveled there I was surprised by how kind people were. I've come to believe that when it comes down to a personal level most people don't really care what about the us vs them bullshit they're always selling on TV.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post