Hello world

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2017, 06:56 PM
RE: Hello world
(24-04-2017 04:47 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  Hi there

I'm a 34 year old ex muslim from Bangladesh. I left Islam and stopped believing in organized religion two years ago. In a third world country like BD, it is extremely difficult to live and survive as an atheist/agnostic. Since I left my religion, I almost lost all of my friends, my fiance and job. I got estranged with family. In this country, people can even get hacked, slaughtered, shot by the Islamists and get arrested and imprisoned for upto 14 years for expressing thoughts. Nobody's here to protect you. In fact, I'm quite lucky that I'm not dead yet. If I sound like a complaining bitch, please forgive me. But I needed to let a few things out. I really hope to find a few good friends here

Thank you

Welcome!

Always nice to meet another atheist musician. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
27-04-2017, 08:03 PM
(24-04-2017 05:13 PM)Vera Wrote:  Why won't religion hurry up and die already, it's on its deathbed already anyway Dodgy

This depends entirely upon which part of the world you are considering. Religion is very far from dying in many countries.
27-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Smile

I respect your huge courage for daring to challenge your beliefs in such a hostile environment. Please be careful using the internet: I've heard people suggest proxy servers and such before, to hide your browser history.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
28-04-2017, 07:50 AM
(27-04-2017 08:03 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 05:13 PM)Vera Wrote:  Why won't religion hurry up and die already, it's on its deathbed already anyway Dodgy

This depends entirely upon which part of the world you are considering. Religion is very far from dying in many countries.

Not *that* far. Not compared to how long it's been polluting the world already. It's on its way out and with the globalised world of today and the incomparably easier access to almost unlimited knowledge we have today... yeah, its days are numbered (and they know it. Deep down they do.)

It may take a century or two but (relatively) soon people will be asking themselves - où sont les religions d'antan? Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-04-2017, 07:58 AM
(28-04-2017 07:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  It may take a century or two but (relatively) soon people will be asking themselves - où sont les religions d'antan? Yes

I don't think many people would be asking that let alone being able to pronounce it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-04-2017, 08:07 AM
(28-04-2017 07:58 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't think many people would be asking that let alone being able to pronounce it.

Dodgy

If I may borrow a phrase from Bertie Wooster's good and deserving aunt, aunt Dahlia: "Don't try me too high, my dear", I'm still fighting a freaking migraine.

28-04-2017, 08:09 AM
(28-04-2017 08:07 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 07:58 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't think many people would be asking that let alone being able to pronounce it.

Dodgy

If I may borrow a phrase from Bertie Wooster's good and deserving aunt, aunt Dahlia: "Don't try me too high, my dear", I'm still fighting a freaking migraine.

Well I hope you feel better Sad

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Well, hopefully, pretty soon I'll be asking où sont les migraines d'antan... well, d'hier, really...

And seeing as I'm progressively forgetting and confusing all the languages I thought I knew (starting with my native one!), why did I just decide to throw yet another one in the mix? Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-05-2017, 05:56 AM
(27-04-2017 06:56 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Always nice to meet another atheist musician. Smile

superb! same here, my friend Big Grin
01-05-2017, 05:59 AM
(27-04-2017 11:19 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Smile

I respect your huge courage for daring to challenge your beliefs in such a hostile environment. Please be careful using the internet: I've heard people suggest proxy servers and such before, to hide your browser history.

Thank you so much! Don't worry. I use multiple form of protections while using the internet. So I can say I'm pretty much safe online. but unfortunately, the real threat lies somewhere else (the real world) :/
[+] 1 user Likes TheUnholy's post