Hello you godless people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Hello you godless people
.....From another godless person. Been hovering around this site for a while and finally jumped in. I am from the UK , born into a part Irish part English catholic family, mum was a teacher in a catholic school ( the one I attended as a kid!) and we did the the whole mass every day, praying to saints for this that and the other, going to church on high days and holy days thing until one day in my early teens it just struck me that I wasn't buying this any more. And that as they say was that.
Anyway here we are a good forty years later, married with two teenage kids raised outside the religion and none the worse for it. Still happily atheistic. Nice to meet you all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Simpon's post
12-05-2015, 10:09 AM
RE: Hello you godless people
(12-05-2015 09:59 AM)Simpon Wrote:  .....From another godless person. Been hovering around this site for a while and finally jumped in. I am from the UK , born into a part Irish part English catholic family, mum was a teacher in a catholic school ( the one I attended as a kid!) and we did the the whole mass every day, praying to saints for this that and the other, going to church on high days and holy days thing until one day in my early teens it just struck me that I wasn't buying this any more. And that as they say was that.
Anyway here we are a good forty years later, married with two teenage kids raised outside the religion and none the worse for it. Still happily atheistic. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome! Pull up a chair and chime right in! Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Welcome aboard fellow Brit Wink

I also have some Irish family and went through the whole catholic school system although my family were never that religious.

Have fun and see you around the board Big Grin

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
12-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Welcome. Nice to meet you too.
12-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Hi there Smile

Welcome!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
12-05-2015, 11:40 AM
welcome!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
12-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Hello! Big Grin
12-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Welcome!
12-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Welcome! Greetings from the Emerald Isle.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí