Hello you insane f*****s!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Hello you insane f*****s!
(30-05-2014 10:47 AM)therealJim Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 11:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh spare me. He came here calling us, quote, "insane f****s!", like he's familiar with us and shit. I don't know this cunt and he wants to joke and call me an "insane fuck"? Yea, great introduction right there... how about instead of getting your panties all wadded up over my dislike of him, you get them wadded up over the fact that this guy clearly has no fucking clue as to what basic manners are. Usually when you walk into a room of strangers the first you say isn't "you're all a bunch of insane fucks!".

So yea, I don't like him so why the fuck am I going to give someone I don't like a "warm introduction"? I don't want him to stay, he's a douche.

Muffs, just to be clear: I did not mean to insult you, nor do I dare to think that I know you. I was trying to be funny, and admittedly my sense of humor is sometimes acerbic, bordering black. It is certainly not everyone's cup of tea. So if you don't like my sense of humor or me, even though you hardly know anything about me, and thus make a pretty serious assessment based on very little information, that is your prerogative.
It is also the reason, why I like this place. Freedom of speech is not just a principle on a piece of paper around here, but a way of life. And as the Pole-German Rosa Luxemburg (with whom I heavily disagree about the superiority of communism) so aptly remarked: "Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters."
So while I personally think that your reactions to my jokes, like your assessment of me, were premature and not indicative of a grown-up character, I will defend your right to dislike me. And your right to say so, as long as you refrain from coarse insults, bullying, hate-speech and the like.
Now are you willing to do the same for me? Or does freedom of speech only apply to yourself and your group, like it does for many religious people?

Don't worry about muffs, these sorta things occur with him from time to time (they can sometimes even be funny, looking at you Poetry Incident Big Grin).

Anyways, I hope it doesn't spoil the forum for you and that you stick around. Welcome. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
30-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Yeah, around here you dont become family until you've knocked a few of Muffs teeth out. Cool

But after a while the little shit kinda grows on you.... like some kind of incurable plague. Blink

You handled it just fine in your last response. Thumbsup

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
30-05-2014, 11:24 AM
(30-05-2014 10:54 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Don't worry about muffs, these sorta things occur with him from time to time (they can sometimes even be funny, looking at you Poetry Incident Big Grin).

Anyways, I hope it doesn't spoil the forum for you and that you stick around. Welcome. Smile

Thank you. I really like this place. Just out of curiousity: What is the Poetry Incident?

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zurücklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
30-05-2014, 11:26 AM
(30-05-2014 11:13 AM)War Horse Wrote:  But after a while the little shit kinda grows on you.... like some kind of incurable plague. Blink

Laugh out load

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zurücklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
30-05-2014, 12:02 PM
(30-05-2014 10:47 AM)therealJim Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 11:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh spare me. He came here calling us, quote, "insane f****s!", like he's familiar with us and shit. I don't know this cunt and he wants to joke and call me an "insane fuck"? Yea, great introduction right there... how about instead of getting your panties all wadded up over my dislike of him, you get them wadded up over the fact that this guy clearly has no fucking clue as to what basic manners are. Usually when you walk into a room of strangers the first you say isn't "you're all a bunch of insane fucks!".

So yea, I don't like him so why the fuck am I going to give someone I don't like a "warm introduction"? I don't want him to stay, he's a douche.

Muffs, just to be clear: I did not mean to insult you, nor do I dare to think that I know you. I was trying to be funny, and admittedly my sense of humor is sometimes acerbic, bordering black. It is certainly not everyone's cup of tea. So if you don't like my sense of humor or me, even though you hardly know anything about me, and thus make a pretty serious assessment based on very little information, that is your prerogative.
It is also the reason, why I like this place. Freedom of speech is not just a principle on a piece of paper around here, but a way of life. And as the Pole-German Rosa Luxemburg (with whom I heavily disagree about the superiority of communism) so aptly remarked: "Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters."
So while I personally think that your reactions to my jokes, like your assessment of me, were premature and not indicative of a grown-up character, I will defend your right to dislike me. And your right to say so, as long as you refrain from coarse insults, bullying, hate-speech and the like.
Now are you willing to do the same for me? Or does freedom of speech only apply to yourself and your group, like it does for many religious people?

Not to worry, Muffsy will play with you outside of this thread soon enough. I apologize for this having taken up so much of your thread. We have very few rules here, one of them is not to mess with people in their intro thread. Some people come here newly de-converted and looking for help and that sort of thing tends to scare them off. Once you post in the general forums, Muffsy can play with you all he likes.

Looks like you will feel right at home here anyway, so again, welcome. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-05-2014, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2014 01:08 PM by therealJim.)
(30-05-2014 12:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  Not to worry, Muffsy will play with you outside of this thread soon enough. I apologize for this having taken up so much of your thread. We have very few rules here, one of them is not to mess with people in their intro thread. Some people come here newly de-converted and looking for help and that sort of thing tends to scare them off. Once you post in the general forums, Muffsy can play with you all he likes.

Looks like you will feel right at home here anyway, so again, welcome. Smile

Thank you, I do. Although I have to say I have been around for a little while already.
I am not worried about Muffs. I am an adult (sort of Laugh out load ) and certain enough of myself to be able to deal with a little heckling. Yes heckling, that's how serious I take Muffs sentences ... no ... words. Sentence would be a little too much here. Wink

That rule is not necessary for me, but definitely sensible. Good idea. It's easy to see how important it is for newbies looking for help to have a safte environment, even if it's only online. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes therealJim's post
30-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Welcome to our little asylum. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
31-05-2014, 02:49 PM
(27-05-2014 08:21 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I'M GONNA DO A THING FIRST BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES IT.

[Image: monk-seal_632_600x450.jpg]

IT'S A WELCOME SEAL.

It is a good thing I do geckos now, so here is your welcome gecko

[Image: cute_crested_gecko-t2.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
31-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Now that the long time members have mussed up the welcome..time for a group hug.

[Image: giphy.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-06-2014, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2014 06:53 PM by Hughsie.)
(30-05-2014 11:24 AM)therealJim Wrote:  Thank you. I really like this place. Just out of curiousity: What is the Poetry Incident?

We used to have a member called Zat here who was ever so slightly up his own arse. Anyways, Zat made a thread call Poetry Corner and left the forum for a few months, when he came back muffs and a few others had been posting limericks there. Zat threw a fit claiming that his poems were being sullied by having limericks posted in the same thread as them. Muffs didn't take it so well, it carried on for ages etc. It was pretty funny.

If you check the Literature section there are two stickied poetry threads, that's where it all happened. The second one was split from the first when it all kicked off.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.