Help! Climate denying father

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: Help! Climate denying father
There is so much good information out there for you to educate yourself with. Stop arrogantly assuming you know what you're talking about as if scientists are the ones who have the basics wrong.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Why not agree with me that term is grossly misleading. A Greenhouse and the "Greenhouse effect" work in two completely different ways.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2016, 06:25 PM
(04-12-2016 06:22 PM)Aractus Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 06:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It's not oversimplified, it's blatantly wrong. Greenhouse gases do NOT work by "trapping air." Where did you get this bs information from?

That's not what I fucking said! I said a GREENHOUSE works by trapping air:

[Image: OavoVgU.jpg]

If you removed the roof of it the air would cycle and would remain the same temperature as its surrounding environment.

And you're still conflating and equivocating. Facepalm

-Rick
04-12-2016, 06:26 PM
(04-12-2016 06:24 PM)Aractus Wrote:  Why not agree with me that term is grossly misleading. A Greenhouse and the "Greenhouse effect" work in two completely different ways.

They don't. The greenhouse gases do the same thing a greenhouse does, they both TRAP heat.

Why not agree you don't know what the fuck you're talking about? Consider

-Rick
04-12-2016, 06:26 PM
You just fucking agreed with what I've been saying for 20 goddamned posts: The GHE does not work by trapping air. That's why the term is goddamned misleading.

My Blog
04-12-2016, 06:27 PM
(04-12-2016 06:26 PM)Aractus Wrote:  You just fucking agreed with what I've been saying for 20 goddamned posts: The GHE does not work by trapping air. That's why the term is goddamned misleading.

No one ever claimed they "trap air." That's YOUR straw man. Both trap HEAT!!!!! Do you know what heat is?!

-Rick
04-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Wait, you don't know what heat is because when I asked how atoms/molecules radiate heat out to their surrounding environment you described how x-rays are produced. Facepalm

-Rick
04-12-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm done with this pigeon chess BS. You're hopelessly arrogant in your ignorance. Please don't reproduce.

-Rick
04-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Yeah good, you're not adding anything of value anyway. I do know how to read science you know. I still do not know how you think objects that contain no matter contain heat. Have you ever observed the heat of a photon? No you haven't, because you can't observe them. You can only observe their reactions with matter which transfers energy, hence heat.

My Blog
04-12-2016, 06:47 PM
(04-12-2016 06:44 PM)Aractus Wrote:  Yeah good, you're not adding anything of value anyway. I do know how to read science you know. I still do not know how you think objects that contain no matter contain heat. Have you ever observed the heat of a photon? No you haven't, because you can't observe them. You can only observe their reactions with matter which transfers energy, hence heat.

Proving your arrogant ignorance again Laughat

You're like an atheist version of tomasia.

-Rick