Help Debating?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Help Debating?
(http://www.debate.org/debates/The-christ...proven/1/) I'm a new atheist and decided to test my new belief in a debate. I agree with the con in the sense that because I worded the title incorrectly. I am now left with a dilemma, how do I prove the nonexistence of god? I don't think it's possible, because no matter what I say he can say it's just because god wanted to do that.

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. -Laurence J. Peter
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2013, 03:48 PM
RE: Help Debating?
You can't disprove everyone's idea of what a god is. It simply can't be done, since everyone has a different definition of the term "god".
However, there are some ideas you can disprove. An "omnimax" (omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent) and benevolent deity, for one, is easily disproven. Just take a glance at our planet. If that doesn't work, point out the many inconsistencies/logical impossibilities with being omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent all at once.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply