Help! - Educational Topics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2012, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 12:24 PM by NeonMoment.)
Help! - Educational Topics
Now that I have your attention;

I'm looking to start a series of educational videos but can't think of a first topic. I'm willing to explore pretty much anything, though I prefer Anthropology, History, philosophy, Classics, and Literature.

I just need a first topic to tackle. The ultimate goal is to make these videos part of a homeschool curriculum program for my wonderful, adorable niece Charmander. Of course, I want to share them with everyone, but she's the inspiration behind them. I was thinking a 41 video series doing an introduction to Anthropology and it's 4 branches (defined by the US system). Or maybe a specific historical period or figure? I don't know, what would you all like to learn about? =3

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
RE: Help! - Educational Topics
Why does she always ask me what I'm thinking?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2012, 12:33 PM
(01-11-2012 12:32 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Why does she always ask me what I'm thinking?

...what? How do I do something with that xD?

My Blog
01-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Add minute Physics, all sorts of YouTube stuff, Stanford has a free site, Yale and Harvard have free sites. Are you going to organize it ?
There is another well known one with 1o minutes on very possible subject...someone will know what that's called.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-11-2012, 01:08 PM
(01-11-2012 01:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Add minute Physics, all sorts of YouTube stuff, Stanford has a free site, Yale and Harvard have free sites. Are you going to organize it ?
There is another well known one with 1o minutes on very possible subject...someone will know what that's called.

It's kind of a family project my brothers and I want to take on for the sake of the currently existing youngest member of our family and the ones to come.

My Blog
01-11-2012, 01:33 PM
There're two main topics you should start with for the education of a young human being: Astronomy or Palaeontology, you know, aliens and dinosaurs. But if you prefer humanities, then start with history, kids love history if it's well taught, and it's one of the most useful topics in everyday life and it's better if learned as a kid Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
01-11-2012, 01:39 PM
(01-11-2012 01:33 PM)nach_in Wrote:  There're two main topics you should start with for the education of a young human being: Astronomy or Palaeontology, you know, aliens and dinosaurs. But if you prefer humanities, then start with history, kids love history if it's well taught, and it's one of the most useful topics in everyday life and it's better if learned as a kid Big Grin

I tend to stick to humanities because it's what I'm trained in. I think I've decided on history with some breaks in something else.

My Blog
01-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Math is very important. When my wife and I have kids, I would like it if they have a good understanding of the english language and at least beginning with algebra when they start school. I can get them that far on my own at least. I would love it if they each know enough to skip a grade or 2 when they start school. It will be better than how my parents started me out.