Help... I don't know what to say to my Mum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: Help... I don't know what to say to my Mum
Hmm. I don't know your entire story but I'm kind of with the Chemist on that quote from the oncologist... I'd personally want a more confident opinion.

I wish you the best outcome on the surgery and recovery. Make certain your body is able to withstand any post surgical therapy. Eat and rest well and continue your positive frame of mindfulness. Heart

Cosmos has it all going on with comforting material ... look to Sagan and Watts for perspective. This is our one life - our chance to connect - as Watts said; this is it. Your mom may be able to understand this... especially when you tell her you love her and need her more than anything "unknowable".

Take care. Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 12:50 PM
(12-11-2014 10:01 AM)kim Wrote:  Hmm. I don't know your entire story but I'm kind of with the Chemist on that quote from the oncologist... I'd personally want a more confident opinion.

Haha, I've been on a plane where the pilot said something like "If God wills it we will arrive safely" - after we were in the air Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-11-2014, 10:02 PM
(12-11-2014 12:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  Haha, I've been on a plane where the pilot said something like "If God wills it we will arrive safely" - after we were in the air Big Grin

Oh MAN that would scare the crap out of me if I heard that!!!! I don't see how people can be comforted by statements like that. Especially from a pilot or doctor.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac