Help Me Buy a Playstation!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Help Me Buy a Playstation!
I don't know where you guys are getting the $300 price tag for the PS4, it's always been $400.

That said, if you're trying to stay under $300 for a console, just get a game bundled PS3 and call it good.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2013, 11:24 PM
(30-10-2013 11:18 PM)Anudist Wrote:  I don't know where you guys are getting the $300 price tag for the PS4, it's always been $400.

That said, if you're trying to stay under $300 for a console, just get a game bundled PS3 and call it good.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing... But I thought it may have been another "Lets rip off Canada even though our dollar is nearly the same value" kinda thing.

Recent trip to the states I was paying $3.40 per gallon (90c/L) of gas, while it was about $5.10 per gallon (1.35/L) at home... And the guy I was talking to at the pump was still complaining about gas prices.
31-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Been wondering about this myself. I've had an Xbox and currently have a 360. But a PS3 might be a nice lateral move, especially with its Blu-Ray capability. That way I could kill two birds with one stone...
31-10-2013, 01:18 AM
What you gotta account for is that this gen is gonna be around for fucking ages.
I don't know anyone that still uses a ps2 over a ps3 for example.

So sure, you could get a ps3 BUT a year from, 2 years from now you wont be able to buy ps3 games because none will be made, they'll all be for the ps4. And you might come across a game that just came out, but it's only on ps4, and you're kinda fucked with your ps3.

I don't know how cheap ps3's are at the moment, but it seems like a total waste of money to me.
Plus, wont ps3 games be able to be played on the ps4???? If not than I suppose it would be worth picking up a ps3.

OHhhh brilliant idea. Wait for the ps4 to come out. Every 12 year old little shit and his dog will be selling their ps3's cheap as fucking chips.
Nobody will be buying ps3's around the time of the ps4 release, I'd place money on the ps3 price dropping.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-10-2013, 02:00 AM
Just going to throw this out there, but PS2 games are STILL being made, 3 last year and if I remember right one was released this year as well. Granted they were all sports games, but still, 6-7 years after the PS3 is released, PS2 is still supported and developed for.

The PS3 and Xbox360 aren't going anywhere for a few years at the least. Guaranteed. Of course, the PS4 and the XBone will be getting better support throughout the market than those consoles, without question. But it can't be said that the PS3 and the 360 will be out of the game in a mere 2 years.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
31-10-2013, 06:39 AM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2013 07:48 AM by Dark Light.)
(31-10-2013 02:00 AM)Anudist Wrote:  Just going to throw this out there, but PS2 games are STILL being made, 3 last year and if I remember right one was released this year as well. Granted they were all sports games, but still, 6-7 years after the PS3 is released, PS2 is still supported and developed for.

The PS3 and Xbox360 aren't going anywhere for a few years at the least. Guaranteed. Of course, the PS4 and the XBone will be getting better support throughout the market than those consoles, without question. But it can't be said that the PS3 and the 360 will be out of the game in a mere 2 years.

Yup, the PS2 was developed for until 2013. Pretty amazing, actually. Tons of poor kids still use the PS2. They are cheap as fuck.

Yeah, I meant four-hundred on the PS4.

The bake repair (reflux), I have read elsewhere, has lasted up to 2 years, but the average, according to a business that specifically does console repair, is 8-9 months. i could probably do it myself, but I don't even wanna go through all the work if it's just gonna shit out in a few months.

Also, after typing in this thread last night I got pissed about losing all my saves so
I fucked around with it for a good 6 or 7 minutes. I got the bastard to turn on long enough to get my saves! Fuck Yeah! Acutally, it's still on now, but if the past is any indication it will turn back off if I play anything that creates a decent amount of heat.

31-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Point a fan towards it.
My computer has a problem with the heatsink not working and it turns off whenever I play something cpu demanding. BUT if I point my little desk fan towards it with the side off, it keeps it cool and I don't have any problems.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
The PS4 is not $300, it's $400.

If you buy a replacement PS3, get the Slim, not the Super Slim (the one that you load the disk in the top) as the regular Slims are supposedly of a higher quality and durability.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
01-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Okay, debate over, I bought the PS3 GTA:V Bundle today. Now...downloading 6 years worth of downloads.

01-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Congrats on the buy!

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody