Help Penn Jillette be a serial killer (in a movie)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Help Penn Jillette be a serial killer (in a movie)
[Image: NICE_GUY_GIF_03a.gif]

Welcome Congregants!

This is Penn with the first of many updates on our movie. Thanks to YOU, the “Director’s Cut” campaign has kicked off and is kicking ass while we’re taking your names to send you groovy stuff. The pitch video I did with our director, Adam Rifkin, is making its way around Twitter. There’s a bunch of people sick and demented enough to want me sick and demented. We live in a great world.

We didn’t want to do a trailer that just asked for money, we wanted to do a trailer that showed the reason we deserved your money to make this movie. Adam used the same crew that he will use on the real movie. We thought this was important because we wanted to prove to you all up front—before you plunk down your hard earned money - that we really knew what movie we wanted to make. I thought up this movie, Adam has it in his brain, and all together we’ll put it on the screen.

We will start shooting the movie right after we finish the campaign, but we’re already starting the nutty fun. The movie is “meta” as they say, and this campaign is part of the movie. You’ll see. The art project has started. We want you to enjoy “Director’s Cut”, but we also want you to enjoy the making of “Director’s Cut”, and we even want you to enjoy the fund raising for “Director’s Cut”.

With a traditional studio movie, the fun doesn’t start until the movie is released. You’ll see that this campaign is part of the fun, it will have an arc, a plot, and lots of surprises. It’s going to get a little nutty, there will be more to watch than a money total and new rewards. To Adam and me, the project started many months ago and we’re glad to have you on board from here on.

I’ve brought a lot of my showbiz friends in to do videos for me right here on this page, and you’ll be the first to see them. I think you’re going to want to see them. I think you’re going to want to check back here really often. You watch. There’s no faith involved, I’ve seen these videos – you do want to see them.

I am really humbled by this great start. We’re amazed. Thanks thanks thanks. Please keep spreading the word. We’re going to make this movie no matter what, but the more money we get, the better we can make it. Hey, if you get enough people helping us . . . our movie can have a big car chase. Maybe two. We’ve got one written just in case.

Thanks so much for being part of this – I think you might like this movie a lot and we hope you like everything leading up to it.

Click here to check out "Director's Cut" on FundAnything.com!

Penn

I put in at the 35 dollar level, who's with me?Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
20-09-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Help Penn Jillette be a serial killer (in a movie)
Pass. Sorry.

Find all posts by this user
20-09-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: Help Penn Jillette be a serial killer (in a movie)
I might give to a kickstarter one day, but not Penn Jillette's. I don't think he needs my help.

edit: Yeah, I know it's not on kickstarter, but you know what I mean.

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
Find all posts by this user