Help Stop SOPA/CISPA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Help Stop SOPA/CISPA
CISPA won't pass. The senate will be a close vote, but Obama will veto it. That will give the heavy hitters (Google, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, Wikipedia, etc) enough time to lobby them.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 09:38 PM
(22-04-2013 03:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  CISPA won't pass. The senate will be a close vote, but Obama will veto it. That will give the heavy hitters (Google, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, Wikipedia, etc) enough time to lobby them.

CISPA passed. It's a law now. Your rulers have declared that you are immoral if you violate it.

Matter of fact, it was a law when I shared this petition.

Welcome to the tyranny of the minority. Sorry you thought it was a tyranny of the majority. But hey, this is what you get when you think it's a good idea to point guns at people you don't like....

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2013, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2013 08:24 AM by Logica Humano.)
(22-04-2013 09:38 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 03:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  CISPA won't pass. The senate will be a close vote, but Obama will veto it. That will give the heavy hitters (Google, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, Wikipedia, etc) enough time to lobby them.

CISPA passed. It's a law now. Your rulers have declared that you are immoral if you violate it.

Welcome to the tyranny of the minority. Sorry you thought it was a tyranny of the majority. But hey, this is what you get when you think it's a good idea to point guns at people you don't like....

It passed the House. It still has to be voted on by the Senate and signed by the Executive Branch, where it has been shot down multiple times since 2011. I would have thought that if you started a petition you would have researched how the government body works.

23-04-2013, 08:35 AM
(23-04-2013 08:19 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:38 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  CISPA passed. It's a law now. Your rulers have declared that you are immoral if you violate it.

It passed the House. It still has to be voted on by the Senate and signed by the Executive Branch, where it has been shot down multiple times since 2011. I would have thought that if you started a petition you would have researched how the government body works.

Tedious, multi-level red-tape filled interconected legislative body to the REEEEEESCUE!!!!!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-04-2013, 09:33 AM
(23-04-2013 08:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 08:19 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It passed the House. It still has to be voted on by the Senate and signed by the Executive Branch, where it has been shot down multiple times since 2011. I would have thought that if you started a petition you would have researched how the government body works.

Tedious, multi-level red-tape filled interconected legislative body to the REEEEEESCUE!!!!!

Sometimes the bureaucracy works in our favor.

23-04-2013, 09:41 AM
(23-04-2013 08:19 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:38 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  CISPA passed. It's a law now. Your rulers have declared that you are immoral if you violate it.

I didn't create the petition, my son did. But with that said, you're entirely correct and I own you an apology. I only glanced at the headlines about the bill when I started this thread, so all I saw was "passed". Then, last night I had a few cocktails with a friend who stopped by and I should know better than to check my email when I've imbibed. Blush

In any event, I was wrong. Sorry about that.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
23-04-2013, 10:22 AM
(23-04-2013 09:41 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 08:19 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It passed the House. It still has to be voted on by the Senate and signed by the Executive Branch, where it has been shot down multiple times since 2011. I would have thought that if you started a petition you would have researched how the government body works.

I didn't create the petition, my son did. But with that said, you're entirely correct and I own you an apology. I only glanced at the headlines about the bill when I started this thread, so all I saw was "passed". Then, last night I had a few cocktails with a friend who stopped by and I should know better than to check my email when I've imbibed. Blush

In any event, I was wrong. Sorry about that.

No, it is entirely understandable. The media puts misleading headlines in an effort to stir up public interest or rather, make a profit.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
23-04-2013, 04:24 PM
(22-04-2013 09:38 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  

No, it is not law. It has only passed in the House.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
23-04-2013, 04:36 PM
(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  

No, it is not law. It has only passed in the House.

I beat you to the punch, buddy. Sorry. Undecided

23-04-2013, 04:49 PM
(23-04-2013 04:36 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it is not law. It has only passed in the House.

I beat you to the punch, buddy. Sorry. Undecided

Well, I didn't think he'd believe you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]