Help With College Study

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 08:14 PM
RE: Help With Religiosity Study
Aren't you introducing a bias into the study by actively recruiting atheists? Isn't there a worry about self selection bias additionally, by doing so? Does this deviate in your friend's sampling strategy from what the IRB gave permission for in the initially approved proposal?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Help With Religiosity Study
Done.

This looks like surveys I've done for a few friends who are working on their masters and Ph.D. I think it is legit.

Though some of the questions are ambiguous.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
13-05-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: Help With College Study
(12-05-2016 05:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Done.

As ever with these things, there are ambiguities.

For example, when disagreeing with the statement "I sometimes can't help worrying about little things", does this mean that I don't worry about little things or that I sometimes can help worrying about little things or that I always can't help worrying about little things

I agree! Those phrases always threw me off as well. My interpretation of that question would be "Sometimes I worry uncontrollably."

(12-05-2016 05:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  4 pages in I gave up, much too long for my patience, sorry.

No worries thanks for trying!

(12-05-2016 06:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  They throw "pray/meditate" in one bucket. They are not the same and it's not answerable.

I'll be forwarding this to my friend thank you for the feedback!

(12-05-2016 06:16 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I'd rather put my genitals to a cheese grater.

:o

(12-05-2016 06:52 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 03:47 PM)mindsmedicine Wrote:  Hi there!
I am a student at California State University Chico. I am helping my friend with his master's thesis and we are recruiting people to help us with our research.
Without giving too much away, the study

We only have three athiest responses right now, so I hope that this post will bring in more people!

http://csuchicopsychology.co1.qualtrics....4WywoglOdL

Much love!

PS: If this was not posted in the correct location, please forgive me and move it to the correct location.

I filled it out, hope it helps. I remember ib school people saying they had no idea how to complete certain requirements of the course and i'll bet this one had that reaction from man students. Best of luck.
Born Again Pagan.

Thanks Smile
13-05-2016, 05:56 PM
(12-05-2016 08:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Aren't you introducing a bias into the study by actively recruiting atheists? Isn't there a worry about self selection bias additionally, by doing so? Does this deviate in your friend's sampling strategy from what the IRB gave permission for in the initially approved proposal?

We are looking for replies from all of the different major religions/lack there of. That is a good point about the self-selection bias. I didn't think of that. I'll run it by my friend.
Thank you!
[+] 1 user Likes mindsmedicine's post
13-05-2016, 07:24 PM
I got about halfway through when it crashed. Too boring to repeat.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
13-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Done...but that was a long survey...yeesh.

Hope it helps with the project.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF