Help With Some Techie Kinda Stuff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Help With Some Techie Kinda Stuff
OK, so I want to take a sound clip, and put it on my cell phone for my ringtone. Sound clip would be taken from a Youtube video.

Is that possible?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: Help With Some Techie Kinda Stuff
Yeah it is, if your phone can play music there's no reason it shouldn't work.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
19-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Problem is, I don't even know where to begin. I am VERY tech-illiterate.

19-02-2012, 01:38 PM
what's your cellphone brand and type? What youtube vid is it that you want to use?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
19-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Copy the URL of the song you want to download, go to http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ paste the url in the box, click convert video, it will then let you download the song.

19-02-2012, 01:50 PM
It's important to know whether your cell can play music files as ringtones. Older phones can't. Most new phones can without even hacking them.

There are many programs out there to convert youtube to mp4, and there are some for converting to ringtone. What phone do you have dammit!!!!!

Oh and what's the song? This is what I would get:

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
19-02-2012, 01:53 PM
1. you'll need to record the sound from youtube, a quick google search should yield a youtube recorder (it might be illegal to record copyrighted media)
2. find out what type of file your phone expects for it's ringtones. (if you can't find that out on the phone or with google, simply call your service provider or ask a friend who can find it)
3. find a freeware program that will convert your recorded youtube sound into the filetype you want for your phone. (i think cnet.com still has lots of decent freeware? worst case, google it)
4. take your new file from step 3. and upload it to your phone. (if you don't have a cable etc, just email it to yourself)
5. figure out how to change your ringtone (the file may need to be placed in a special folder or some crap)

that should be fairly helpful. be careful when downloading freeware, check it with a virus scanner. if the website feels like bs, avoid it. there are plenty of other places to look.

oh and step 6. if all else fails, hold your phone up to your computer's speakers while the sound you want is playing and record it. then you can skip to step 5.

i don't even own a phone or handheld device haha

good luck

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
19-02-2012, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 02:02 PM by Stark Raving.)
Sanyo pro-700.

I want to find a clip of Troy Landry from "Swamp People" saing his signature "shoot elizabeth, shoot!"

Sounds dumb, but it's a joke my wife will get a kick out of.
Man I feel dumb. Looks like dredmal laid it all out, but honestly, that all seems like it's written in Japanese. I'll try to follow though. My phone may not be up for it. It's a little on the old side (relatively speaking) and designed for durability.

sigh.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
19-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't look like your phone has an mp3 player, so it may not work.
Have you put music on it before?

19-02-2012, 02:10 PM
easiest way would be to get the video from video (however you would do that) > open it in a good videoediting software > that software should kinda save the videotrack and the musictrack seperatly when you save it then (under another name) then you take that musictrack, convert it into mp3 and there you are. Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user