Help find source for this or post some lores about Jesus[interesting ones]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2017, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 12:16 PM by sea_tiger.)
Help find source for this or post some lores about Jesus[interesting ones]
Hello
This year I went to church for Easter Sunday.The priest said many things of which there are many things I don't recall except for this story [ but its missing minute details].
The priest said that this is a lore.
When Mary and Joseph took off to escape Herod they stopped at a house for shelter.There Mary asked the lady for bath water to wash baby Jesus.After cleaning Jesus she wanted to throw out the water ,but the lady asked Mary for the used water so that she could wash her baby with it.[Maybe she found baby Jesus to be divine].After staying for a while they left.

At the site of Jesus's cruxifixation .The good thief asked Jesus to remember him when Jesus came into his kingdom.The theif was the same baby washed with Jesus's bath-water.

I tried to google for the story ,but couldn't find it.Is someone familiar with it or its source? [The one I found was about a leper baby who was healed by bath water]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: Help find source for this or post some lores about Jesus[interesting ones]
(12-05-2017 12:05 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  Hello
This year I went to church for Easter Sunday.The priest said many things of which there are many things I don't recall except for this story [ but its missing minute details].
When Mary and Joseph took off to escape Herod they stopped at a house for shelter.There Mary asked the lady for bath water to wash baby Jesus.After cleaning Jesus she wanted to throw out the water ,but the lady asked Mary for the used water so that she could wash her baby with it.[Maybe she found baby Jesus to be divine].After staying for a while they left.

At the site of Jesus's cruxifixation .The good thief asked Jesus to remember him when Jesus came into his kingdom.The theif was the same baby washed with Jesus's bath-water.

I tried to google for the story ,but couldn't find it.Is someone familiar with it or its source? [The one I found was about a leper baby who was healed by bath water]

It's just made-up bullshit to accentuate the other made-up bullshit. Ask your priest to cite his source. Then you'll get even more made-up bullshit.
[+] 2 users Like kemo boy's post
12-05-2017, 12:42 PM
I've never heard of that; but since it's all made up, why get picky now?
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
12-05-2017, 12:53 PM
(12-05-2017 12:05 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  The good thief asked Jesus to remember him when Jesus came into his kingdom.The theif was the same baby washed with Jesus's bath-water.

So the water made him "good" but didn't stop him from becoming a thief?

Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
12-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Sounds like a story that could have been from the apocrypha, but it's not a part of the Infancy Gospel of Thomas where it has the child Jesus creating birds from clay and striking children dead that annoyed him.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-05-2017, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 01:09 PM by sea_tiger.)
(12-05-2017 12:53 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 12:05 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  The good thief asked Jesus to remember him when Jesus came into his kingdom.The theif was the same baby washed with Jesus's bath-water.

So the water made him "good" but didn't stop him from becoming a thief?

Facepalm

Exactly.
The church must have repository of many such stories.
Sometimes the church sermon surprises me when they bring in new elements.

The Good Friday - Way of the Cross was so emotinally moving that I really lost control over my emotions.[I don't want to experience that again]
[+] 1 user Likes sea_tiger's post
12-05-2017, 01:09 PM
(12-05-2017 12:05 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  Hello

Found it:

The Legend of Saint Dismas

Crazy Catholics and their stories. Rolleyes

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-05-2017, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 01:21 PM by Cosmo.)
Quote:Found it:

Crazy Catholics and their stories.

"Now, Egypt could only be reached by crossing a vast desert, which the Holy Family had to cross without much food or drink, for they were very poor.

Sometimes, they suffered much from hunger, not having anything to eat the whole day, and at night they had little protection against the bitter cold. Our Lady was sad because the baby in her arms shivered with cold and cried. So it was that the Holy Family suffered terrible hardships on their way to Egypt.

Nevertheless, nature came to their aid time and time again in a miraculous way. Once, when the Holy Family was very hungry, they came to a place in the desert where a fig tree stood, laden with fruit. The fruit was too high for Saint Joseph to reach, so the tree bent its branches so that Mary and Joseph could help themselves to as much fruit as they needed for Jesus and themselves.
Another time, when they had gone all day without eating, Our Lady, using her power as queen of the angels, commanded them to help with some nourishment. Thousands of angels rushed to help the Holy Family, bringing them heavenly juices and delicious food. They also walked with the Holy Family during the night, and their brilliance lit up the way as if it were a sunny day!"

Shocking

[Image: 08087c13f9aa38326cb25bfafd431399.jpg]

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
[+] 8 users Like Cosmo's post
12-05-2017, 01:23 PM
(12-05-2017 01:15 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  
Quote:Found it:

Crazy Catholics and their stories.

"Now, Egypt could only be reached by crossing a vast desert, which the Holy Family had to cross without much food or drink, for they were very poor.

Sometimes, they suffered much from hunger, not having anything to eat the whole day, and at night they had little protection against the bitter cold. Our Lady was sad because the baby in her arms shivered with cold and cried. So it was that the Holy Family suffered terrible hardships on their way to Egypt.

Nevertheless, nature came to their aid time and time again in a miraculous way. Once, when the Holy Family was very hungry, they came to a place in the desert where a fig tree stood, laden with fruit. The fruit was too high for Saint Joseph to reach, so the tree bent its branches so that Mary and Joseph could help themselves to as much fruit as they needed for Jesus and themselves.
Another time, when they had gone all day without eating, Our Lady, using her power as queen of the angels, commanded them to help with some nourishment. Thousands of angels rushed to help the Holy Family, bringing them heavenly juices and delicious food. They also walked with the Holy Family during the night, and their brilliance lit up the way as if it were a sunny day!"

Shocking

It would of been a cool story, but it needs more dragons!

[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Quote:It would of been a cool story, but it needs more dragons!

Yeah! Dragons would be cool!

Or like a dragon war!

In the sky!!!

With LASERS!!!!!!

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
[+] 4 users Like Cosmo's post